70 dart 470 ci drag car build.

-
Not sure where to interject my thoughts here but, I just noticed you're considering? swapping the cam out? While it might be worth a gain...Personally I would leave it alone!!! Too many potential troubles IMO and it made GOOD power. AND IT'S DONE (one part of the whole program that's done. NOTHING IS PERFECT. Only way I'd swap things is if you converted to a solid roller.

It’s a pretty simple cam swap. If it looks bad on the dyno we can change the cam again.

That’s why we test.

I look at it as a learning experience………and I’m looking forward to the results.

Especially since I don’t have to do any of the work.

I look at it as a learning experience………and I’m looking forward to the results.

Especially since I don’t have to do any of the work.

lol that’s funny. But true.

That’s why I’m watching the results of Eric Winegartners cam testing.

I have no money or effort in it but I’m interested in the results.

And of course you gave the “wine and cheese” types who think if the testing isn’t done to F1 standards he’s just pissing into the fan.

I’m thankful those types do more typing than testing.

Not sure where to interject my thoughts here but, I just noticed you're considering? swapping the cam out? While it might be worth a gain...Personally I would leave it alone!!! Too many potential troubles IMO and it made GOOD power. AND IT'S DONE (one part of the whole program that's done. NOTHING IS PERFECT. Only way I'd swap things is if you converted to a solid roller.
I do agree with you 100%
Even though the engine is done I do like testing and don't like the "what if" feelings that keep me up at night, if you know what I mean.

I do agree with you 100%
Even though the engine is done I do like testing and don't like the "what if" feelings that keep me up at night, if you know what I mean.
That's specifically what I was speaking to when I said something to the effect 'nothing is perfect' ...you will never, in my experience, not wonder 'what if' The time, testing facility and materials needed are not free. That said if you just want to regardless and it helps YOU in some way then by all means ...do it! I haven't look close enough to gage what I'd speculate the change will do. But while you're on dyno I would highly recommend moving the cam around, assuming you have adequate p2v.

That's specifically what I was speaking to when I said something to the effect 'nothing is perfect' ...you will never, in my experience, not wonder 'what if' The time, testing facility and materials needed are not free. That said if you just want to regardless and it helps YOU in some way then by all means ...do it! I haven't look close enough to gage what I'd speculate the change will do. But while you're on dyno I would highly recommend moving the cam around, assuming you have adequate p2v.
Yes, we will be starting advanced 4° and see where it is. Definitely will be checking p/v clearance as it could have nearly 20 more degrees of duration , possibly 283 @ .050. but we need to measure it first.
The sft I have in now is 264-268 and .660-.674 lift. Also running 240 trickflows.
It's peak torque is around 4900 and peak power is around 5800.
The goal is to raise my peak torque to around 5500 and hopefully not lose much on the way up.
If it sucks, I'll put my Hughes cam back in and start getting solid roller parts ASAP

-
Back