70 dart 470 ci drag car build.

-
Not much of an update, just Doing a little prep for the wheel tubs, I scraped the sound deadening crap and cut out my sheets for the tubs. The idea, if done as visioned will have the tubs welded to the flat factory seam & tack welded to the inner quarter panel.
I will probably strip the quarter panels to bare metal and hammer -dolly them straight as possible so I don't affect the tubs during body work, then tack the tubs in place and seam seal.
Okay bye bye.

IMG_20240603_172750307.jpg

IMG_20240603_172806915.jpg

Well, I guess I had an urge & went out to make an adjustment to the lower quarter panel for front tire clearance, I removed 3/8 to make an inch clearance for tire growth. I'll need to get creative on how I finish the lip though
IMG_20240603_193256041.jpg

Crazy how different they are from reality. Those are some meats!
Yeah it's pretty big, just about the same height as my ram 2500 tires. A 30 inch tire would have fit perfect in a s/s wheel arch . I like the wheel where it's supposed to be not moved back, it will be more work this way but it will be how I like it when done.
It should hook well and do a good wheelie

Keep plugging along. I know it seems endless but you'll get there and it'll be good. What specific stuff do you need to finish the car?

Keep plugging along. I know it seems endless but you'll get there and it'll be good. What specific stuff do you need to finish the car?
Thanks Sean.
Converter. (Hopefully buying one from Bill)
All Electrical wiring for trunk mount battery and mounting stuff.
Fire extinguisher.
Throttle cable.
Fuel line & fittings, install cell, pump, filters.
Build Brake lines.
Weld the roof on the car.
Have to see, but I'm thinking wheelie bars may be a necessity.
Also need to try and get my stock suspension to be the very best I can get it.

That's what I can think of right now through my melatonin fog this morning.

Last edited:
Thanks Sean.
Converter. (Hopefully buying one from Bill)
All Electrical wiring for trunk mount battery and mounting stuff.
Fire extinguisher.
Throttle cable.
Fuel line & fittings, install cell, pump, filters.
Build Brake lines.
Weld the roof on the car.
Have to see, but I'm thinking wheelie bars may be a necessity.
Also need to try and get my stock suspension to be the very best I can get it.

That's what I can think of right now through my melatonin fog this morning.

Friends don't let friends run sissy sticks.

Just say NO to sissy sticks.

Friends don't let friends run sissy sticks.

Just say NO to sissy sticks.
Lol, I might not have any room on my housing for them anyways. I don't see them as sissy sticks. There's no reason to do huge wheelies when I can control it, what happens if I'm in the middle of a huge wheelie and an axle breaks ?
That would totally **** my car up, probably send the oil pan into the crankshaft or rip it open, brake my front suspension, end up in the wall. All stuff that would have me in the bleachers for years because I can't afford to rebuild my car & since I'm already on year 6 of collecting parts to build the car because I'm beyond poor I want to take care of it, the best I can.

Last edited:
That’s good stuff. If I had to do what your doing I woulda went through a ton of material by having to redo it lol

That’s good stuff. If I had to do what your doing I woulda went through a ton of material by having to redo it lol
I want to redo my trunk pans because I didn't really figure out the welding process/ clamping-screwing down panels to the frame but I think I can save them.

-
Back