70 dart R/T???

-
Once a week? I was born and grew up in Missoula. What are you doing there so often?

Thats what Im trying to figure out lol.

Stupid day job that I wont need by the end of summer. Tues. at 11:40pm get in big internatonal truck, drive to Missoula, try not to drive off the side of Look out pass while I sleep/drive, meet Montana driver, transfer a load of shower doors, get to motel sleep untill 11:40pm, drive back, to Seattle, hope that the Jackasses that run the D.O.T. weigh stations don't have a stick up their A and decide to pull me in and waist 45 mins of my life/drive time (stupid log books) so they can not give me a new window sticker just so they will have a reason to pull me in next week, drop truck off atthe shop, and go home.
I do get to see some cool cars in yards on the drive though, like the guy that lives right off I90 in MT that has a yard full of mopars.

Agreed, but the engine code is E63 which was a 383 for that year.

And the VON and VON to VIN comparison is very interesting and it's listed as an LS model. Pics of the tag and the car would be great to see. A legible broadcast sheet would be an incredible find.

if the fender tag that he listed is correct,i already decoded it the best i could:read2:. its somewhere on the 1st page

Sorry I have not checked in. The way I typed the fender tag info out is how I read it. I really didn't think it would be that uniqe. I will try to get up there in the next few weeks and get some pics. Like I said though. The pass rear 1/4 is messed up. I don't know if it is restoreable. It is sitting in a field next to some other junkers. Mostly ford products. Thanks for the help with the info. If I get it. I do not plan on keeping it. So someone els will be able to play with it.
Rick

Sorry I have not checked in. The way I typed the fender tag info out is how I read it. I really didn't think it would be that uniqe. I will try to get up there in the next few weeks and get some pics. Like I said though. The pass rear 1/4 is messed up. I don't know if it is restoreable. It is sitting in a field next to some other junkers. Mostly ford products. Thanks for the help with the info. If I get it. I do not plan on keeping it. So someone els will be able to play with it.
Rick

Sent you a PM. If you could get some pictures of it that would be cool.

If acquired, I'm interested in the car if you are going to flip it.

:worthles:a one of a bodie would be sweat i hope this is for real ill bet for sure that there are some people up there looking for that thing already you better buy it if that tag reads like that but this hole thing could be just a sorry joke hope not but this sure is easy to type and eye to eye is always better and a good hand shake were gonna see i guese:happy10:hope its for real love to see it a show restored or just know it exists

Hmm... pilot prototype 383 1970 Dart R/T? Who wouldn't want to find out more?!?

At first I was considering that the car he found was a South American Charger R/T which as some know was based on the a-body Dart bodyshell. The 383 engine code tossed that theory out of the window!

Must. Know. More.

Wow, could this be the last factory big block a-body? I cant wait to see pics also (even if its junky, its still cool because its a mopar). You should take lots of pics, and if you get the car, you should send those pics and the info into the rare finds department at mopar muscle mag. Maybe they will print it!

Would be a very rare Mopar if real and restored. Personally I'd keep it and restore it. Worth way more.

What happened here...any pics yet?

With only two posts...I don't think he's coming back.....

It sounds interesting if its real. Will be interesting to see if we hear from him again too.

I've been in to Mopars for a very long time and have heard many stories about cars like this. Some have turned out to be real. And since Montana isn't just around the corner for me I guess I'll just wait and see.

Wow a true find if its 4real hope 2 see some pics also mopar did do some strange things back in the days so i belive it could be a real car?? waiting to see

Hello guys. Sorry I have not been on. I went back up there and took pics of the car that I will post shortly. The tag reads exactly how I posted it. I took a few pics of it but they are kinda blurry. I also talked to a old guy that gave me the name of the owner. I couldn't get ahold of him. The guy I talked to told me he knew alittle about the car. he said that the owner was racing it back in the early 80's and ran a stop sign and got t-boned. They pulled the engine out and put in another car. Thats all he knew. I asked if he thought he might sell it and he told me he didn't know. He also said that he has a 71 hemi road runner and 69 super bee with a big hood scoop and a few other dodges. I will try to get the pics posted this week. I want to see if I can get the fender tag pics cleared up. I couldn't get a good pic of the pass side. But like I said. Its bad.

-
Back