707 HP Challenger SRT Hellcat at the dragstrip

-

justcuz

Reaction score
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_V7MRlIY5c"]707 HP Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat hits the drag strip - YouTube[/ame]

You're about 3 weeks late. The car runs 11.2 with stock tires and 10.5 with radials.

I need this motor in my life.

Who will be the first to drop a Hellcat into an A-Body? High 9s instantly. :D

fastest factory muscle car? what about a factory dart with a 426 hemi?

I wouldn't really consider these "Muscle cars", They were factory built race cars. Actually they weren't factory built. I believe they were sent to Hurst for the conversion.

fastest factory muscle car? what about a factory dart with a 426 hemi?

The 68 Hemi Dart (and Barracuda), wasnt a 'street' production car... It was an all out factory race car, with no warranties, and warnings that the car wasnt to be driven on the street.. The Hellcat is a street car... Also the Hemi Dart came with lightweight seats, a fiberglass front clip, no window cranks, or side rear view mirror... etc.. The Hellcat has all the bells and whistles of modern street cars... The Dart did 10.5 dressed as a race car with all the weight reducing touches... The Hellcat is a heavier car, and as mentioned, decked in full street trim and pulls the 10.5 1/4 time... So, I would say the statement that its the 'fastest factory muscle car' is pretty accurate

Fast yes, but not near as cool as a factory super stock car!!!! Given the choice I would take the 68 Hemi car any day of the week.

Fast yes, but not near as cool as a factory super stock car!!!! Given the choice I would take the 68 Hemi car any day of the week.

While I would be inclined to agree.. It still wasnt a street car... You'd have to trailer it to the track and then whoop on it LMAO ... The Hellcat, you can drive to the track... Dont get me wrong, nothing im saying is meant to be a shot at the original Hemi Darts, I love them... But the muscle car era was about what the auto makers were making for the street.. not the strip...

That being said, I'd like to own a Hemi Dart myself... LOL

I wonder if they will actually hold up mechanically. If you put some drag radials on yours and then make a YouTube video of you running in the 10's and then later your 8 speed auto takes a dump will Fiat back that up? It is the beefiest ZF, but its a heavy car with good traction and the low rpm torque of a supercharger.

Was just told that the MSRP is 58-59...10k to put name on list and 10 more when it comes. so 70-78 depending on options wanted. They will only be making 1200. My dealer is getting 4

Was just told that the MSRP is 58-59...10k to put name on list and 10 more when it comes. so 70-78 depending on options wanted. They will only be making 1200.

If this is true (kind of hard to believe, actually) this thing will be the mother of all dealer-mark-ups. I'd love to have one, though, that's for sure.

If they would actually sell them to the public for that $58~$59K, geez, I'd think they could sell 'em as fast as they could make 'em!!

You can keep those Mexican motored.. assembled in Canada by a company owned by the Italians..i'll take a "real" '70'71 any day over that crap :D:D

If this is true (kind of hard to believe, actually) this thing will be the mother of all dealer-mark-ups. I'd love to have one, though, that's for sure.

If they would actually sell them to the public for that $58~$59K, geez, I'd think they could sell 'em as fast as they could make 'em!!

I don't know many who can afford a $60k toy let alone a marked up one in this economy. I do know one guy who will probably get one though AND then spend another $10-15k on a custom paint job so maybe there are 1200 more like him out there.

I don't know many who can afford a $60k toy let alone a marked up one in this economy. I do know one guy who will probably get one though AND then spend another $10-15k on a custom paint job so maybe there are 1200 more like him out there.

There are dealerships out there that aren't going to add anything above MSRP, the owner of one I saw stated the other day that he has 30 people on his order list. Said they will get their cars and there won't be any dealer add on. The deals are out there for this car you just have to hunt around a bit for them. Also I don't believe the 1,200 number is correct, everything that I've seen on the modern mopar forums indicates probably more like 3,000 the first year and then Chrysler will see what demand is for future production.

-
Back