71 340-4 speed project

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why don't we have our own area at Carlisle? We should have a section, enough of the other groups have one. A lot of us are east coast guys who go every year like it's Mecca. Mods, we need a group gathering.

Why don't we have our own area at Carlisle? We should have a section, enough of the other groups have one. A lot of us are east coast guys who go every year like it's Mecca. Mods, we need a group gathering.

Sounds like a good idea every other club has their area and tent

Recieved my duster over the weekend and just wanted to say that Joe is an awesome guy to deal with. He let me make payments on it and offered to bring my duster up to me for what I had to spend for shipping. Unfortunatly he didn't have the best luck with his tow rig and it took him alot longer then normal. Just wanted to let every one know what a great person he is to deal with.

Congrats on getting the V24! So glad it will be restored and not parted.

Thats what i get for buying a chebby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lol

My first real v24 car after nine years of wanting one(lol). I've already got it on the rotissory. Got it ready to sand blast. I'll post pics as I go through it.

One more funny thing, I lost the hood to the car as I was pulling into my driveway. The 3 hours drive back from where I met Joe the hood stayed on fine(lol).

OH shooot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WE FORGOT TO TIE IT DOWN.LOL SORRY. HOW THE HECK DID YOU MAKE IT THAT FAR TO BEGIN WITH, WITHOUT IT COMMING OFF?????????????????????????????

I have no idea, but it stayed down. I thought the hinges where on it(lol). Before I left your hotel I made sure the front was tied down good and I saw that it was. When I got off the exit to my house I hit a bump and it flipped over. It's too bad as the hood was very nice. It really looks repairable and should be an easy fix(lol).

Cool was able to track down some more history on the duster and contacted another owner. He told it was a black split bench seat car, 4 speed, and the engine and tranny were sold together. I'm going to try and track down the orig engine and tranny. If any body on here is from GA please keep an eye out for my original engine and tranny. Also got a name of the girl that took a bunch of parts off of my duster. She took the hood and interior. He also told me it had hood pins originaly. It was a non spoiler car a well. Was unsure about with what wheels came on it as they were miss match when he bought it. He gave the first name of the owner before him and a contact that would know him. Also mentioned who has the fender tag as well. I offered $500 to guy if he can turn it up, lets hope.

The previous owner that I havent contacted is known as John the Plummer. Any one know of the John the Plummer(lol)?

Attachments

• $(KGrHqN,!lcE1FvETHkrBNc!-5wWrw~~_3.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 199
  • $(KGrHqF,!ikE1NYfBdR2BNc!-07Kpw~~_3.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 188
  • $(KGrHqJ,!iQE1NFm81wBBNc!-(81tQ~~_3.jpg
    165.7 KB · Views: 202
How can you be sure this car is an original V24 if you have no fender tag or broadcast sheet? I hope it is, but how can you be sure?

actually ryan, that k-frame in the car is the right one for it! it even has the washer welded on, and the sway bar spots. he was confused, and thought he put a different /6 k frame in it, but no, that is the origional to the car, and he put a rear in it. just pm me an address for the pics, as i had them on the front seat of the truck for ya, just forgot to grab them with the bill of sale.lol

There's no fender tag proof or build sheet to prove it but there's many things on the car that show it being a real v24 car. The car still has original paint in the jams and there's evidence of the black out treatment. Also under the drip rail molding is all black still and normally this would be body color. Also the satin black trim panels are still in the car which only came on v24 cars. Another thing are the trim hole in the front window pillars and no trim holes in the back for a vinyl top which definatly means it was a v24 car. The original door in it's original paint with the black out on the top. Plus it has the original fender on the drivers side is still on it and you can see the black on top. Also Joe has some original pics of it when it was wearing it orig paint and you can see the factory black out that comes into the window channel. The fender tags are not ruled out yet either as one of the owners I've talked to said he knows who took the tag off of it. That person that took the tags off does not remember taking the tags off of it but hopefully will find them as I've offered a nice cash reward for them. Also got a lead on the girl that has all the original interior out of my car. She put it in her slant six duster and it is still in it. There's a good chance that my buildsheet in those seats. Who knows what will turn up. I'm five owners back on the previous owners list now as well. Just got another new contact to call today, John the plummer. I made a list of what I want to ask him
-pictures
-what wheels it came with, rallys or steel rims
-paper work
-and who he bought it from, I've got be getting close to the original owner.

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 192
Hi Joe thanks for the info on the k-frame I would of yanked it and put another one in (lol).

So I'm pretty excited now, just got off the phone with John, the last owner I've tracked down and he's got really good pictures of it in it's original paint showing the 340 on the hood and every thing. I'll post pics of them when I get them. He's also got some cool stories about the car. Turns out it was a rally wheel car as well. For me this is the fun stuff, tracking down the history on the car and getting cool pictures of it from back in the day.

This is a cool car and look forward to up coming pics as original!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back