71 Dart Project

-

blackace

The KING of flats
Reaction score
I have been working on my Dart here and there. I have been mainly working on the motor. Basically doin the same thing Rublefish has been doin with his Duster. Getting it road worthy! LOL!!! I'll get some pictures and post my progress soon.

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=10508

I ordered AlumaBlast from Eastwood and painted my intake this morning and took some before and after shots.

Before

intake2.jpg

intake3.jpg

intake4.jpg

I also have been working on replacing the driver's side floor. I'll get some pics and post the progress. This is the before shot.

floor1.jpg

floor2.jpg

floor3.jpg

Started taking the rear apart today. Had to cut the U bolt off because the nuts were rusted to them. I also have to replace the shock perches because they are pretty much shot.

rear1.jpg

rear2.jpg

rear3.jpg

Well it been a little slow on the progress but I do have some updates.

I used Purple Power and cleaned and painted the housing. I bought this stuff from WalMart and it works great! I painted the housing using Eastwood Chassis Black.

rear4.jpg

rear5.jpg

rear4.jpg

rear4.jpg

rear5.jpg

rear5.jpg

look's like you are moving along nicely.
The intake and motor sure do look good and the rear end work is almost behide you. Look's like you are acing it.

Do you have a link for the disc brake conversion kit?

I ordered a set of high lift leaf springs from JC Whitney

http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/P...003409/c-10101

These are listed for 73 and up. Well I just picked them up for $106.47 for my 71. They currently offer free shipping on orders over $75. They are priced at $109.99 and the free shipping and they charged $2.99 for the over sized shipping which brought the total to $112.98. I used coupon code AAWLA07 for 20% off which brings the total to 110.97. You can only use one coupon per order. When I checked out the shipping was adjusted to $18.98 from $22.00 with a total of 106.97. Great I thought even better. But when I received my confirmation order it said $132.97. WHAT?!! So I called them up told her the whole thing and her total came to $106.47, $.50 lower than before. I saying to myself I can save every penny I can. LOL!

So we'll see how they are. Hopefully it won't take to long. I still need to order green bearings and get them installed. Change the R&P in the pumpkin and do the brakes before I can install everything. But hopefully it will be done soon. Still need to install the motor and tranny too but that is pretty much ready to go.

Well I finally have an update on this. WOW! Its been a while uh?! LOL!!!!!!

Here is my rear just about complete. Just need to order the hard brake lines and install it. Here is my disk brake conversion with the Scarebird adapters.

Rear%20(1).jpg

Rear%20(2).jpg

Rear%20(3).jpg

Rear%20(4).jpg

Rear.jpg

Also if anyone is interested I can get the total cost involved for what it cost to do the conversion.

-
Back