71 Duster 360 (new project)

-
Well..we had plenty of cheeseburgers....hot dogs...and soda..water...but you never showed up...probably found someone serving steak....LOL

Tonya did........lol

thanks for the pictures...

What do you mean I never showed up ?? I rode over to your pits several times to chat & don't remember an invitation for lunch LOL :)

I'll get some more pics posted for 'ya soon.

NO worries, we had food. Did 'ya get any pics of MY car :poke: :rolleyes:

I did not take any pictures....I took one movie...as post above....

yeah we were coming and going all day.....

my daughter and her boyfriend took pictures...I have not seen what they have as of yet....

the driver side torsion bar is unsprung....we tried to adjust the front end..and realign it to get her thru the weekend...but it became apparent that it was not going to work.....and with the cross wind blowing the car stayed on the trailer..

Here's the rest of the pics for 'ya....If you want any of them emailed in larger resolution, just PM me your addy :cheers:

Saturday Afternoon TNT

View attachment IMG_5752 (Small).JPG

View attachment IMG_5755 (Small).JPG

View attachment IMG_5756 (Small).JPG

Sunday Morning 1st round of eliminations 10am

View attachment P1100989 (Small).JPG

2nd round 1pm

View attachment P1110029 (Small).JPG

View attachment P1110032 (Small).JPG

3rd round 2:50pm

View attachment P1110048 (Small).JPG

View attachment P1110049 (Small).JPG

4th round 3:20pm

View attachment P1110055 (Small).JPG

the driver side torsion bar is unsprung....we tried to adjust the front end..and realign it to get her thru the weekend...but it became apparent that it was not going to work.....and with the cross wind blowing the car stayed on the trailer..

Got it!

Tony, Pics emailed to 'ya in full resolution. Hope you like them.... 8)

Nice launches Tony and nice pics as usual C :D

:thumbup: Thanks for the kudos on the pics Scott.....I try my best & enjoy taking them!!

Sorry I got in the way of the last pic C :eek:ops: Just doing my job :glasses7:

NO worries HD :) Looking forward to your pics too!!

Doing battle damage repair to one of the two oil pans that the Fuster killed....got the easy on repaired...

the second is going to take alot more to repair...LOL

Been working on Dart and torsion bar issue....got the rear socket removed...make some 1/8 plates with 2 inch holes to fit over socket made....after some measuring...eyeball engineering...got the plate to fit over the socket......

tach welded the plates in....

but once again...can not seem to get driver side to be anywhere close to passenger side....about 3 inches higher.....

trying to fix with out going to the coil over shock front end...even though some of the part for the conversion will be here on monday....will still need shocks and springs along with method to support upper shock mounts...

hey it is only money...

Did some welding on a 71 Dart this morning...nothing caught on fire.....car is sitting pretty square now...

will find out this Friday night if things are fixed or not....

left the car in the trailer from MaTS..... see ya saturday!!!

Well...not so fast...I put that Dart on the lift....washed under the car....set it back down on the ground...and the front end is off again...and the rear is noticeably leaning to one side...the passenger side....put the car back in the air...and there is alot of preload in the rear suspension on the passenger side..

with the rear dangling ....you can easliy unscrew the spring adjuster on the driver side and the passenger side you can not .....can not see anything broke..or bend....

so I am wondering if the housing in this thing is twisted........

Fuster runs 11.07 @ 119.....second time run....

1st time run....one hood pin on front of hood missing....clicks it is off before hood leaves ....

Well...not so fast...I put that Dart on the lift....washed under the car....set it back down on the ground...and the front end is off again...and the rear is noticeably leaning to one side...the passenger side....put the car back in the air...and there is alot of preload in the rear suspension on the passenger side..

with the rear dangling ....you can easliy unscrew the spring adjuster on the driver side and the passenger side you can not .....can not see anything broke..or bend....

so I am wondering if the housing in this thing is twisted........
I found out that my housing was bent by pulling an axel(splines starting to twist)...Dana60 time :D

I found out that my housing was bent by pulling an axel(splines starting to twist)...Dana60 time :D

will look at it sometime next week...going out of town for a few days....vacation...

this retired **** is stressful...

after sunday race....lol

Duster and Demon went to the races last weekend....both came home with no problems..

Duster ran a 11.07 and 11.08s....

Demon with Tonya lighter butt in it....on Sunday ran 10.800...10.807 both at 122...and 10.795 on a 10.800 dial in...LOL

No problems.....that's what I like to hear Tony! Half a thou.....sometimes chit happens :icon_smi:. Sounds like a decent outing, and everything came home in one piece. What's next for you guys?

-
Back