[SOLD] 72 Dodge Dart Swinger steet/strip/show car finished!

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

1972Dart

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
1972 Dodge Dart Swinger (Street/Strip/Show):
Fresh restoration completed last year that has all top notch components. I have the title for the vehicle.
Engine & Transmission:
Originally came from the factory with a 318 but has been replaced with a 360 with iron heads, mopar purple shaft cam 284/484, Holley 650 double pumper, headers within frame rails, new Lokar throttle cable, and 3” custom dual exhaust with Bullet Mufflers that side exit in front of rear tires. New MSD billet distributor with MSD 6A box installed. Torque Flite 727 Transmission with Cheetah reverse manual valve body and tranny cooler. 3 week old custom 9.5” Dynamic converter with 4500-4800 stall. Dropped 60ft times by .6 alone! I also have the original stock 11” converter with 2500 stall. Drive shaft safety loop installed. No Nitrous has ever been used but I set it up for future use if needed. Separate fuel system already plumbed and wired.
Rear:
8 ¾ rear with 489 center section, new Yukon full spool with new Richmond 4:10 gears, 30 spline axles, new threaded style pinion snubber. Rear housing cut 6”, Mini-tubbed with spring relocation kit to frame rails and 1” lowering blocks. Wheel wells were also stretched 2” for larger diameter tires; with the correct rim offset it is capable of fitting a 14.5” tire. Currently have 30x13.5x15 Mickey Thompson ET streets.
Body:
Paint is from Dupont and is Chrysler Vitamin C orange with pearl and draws a lot of attention! Has a painted flat black rear swinger stripe. Engine bay has a shaved firewall and is painted to match, K frame is painted also. Cowl vent was shaved and smoothed and the original doors were replaced from a 1973 dart to eliminate the vent windows. Everything is all steel except for the AAR fiberglass bumpers (front and rear) and the 4” cowl induction hood scoop attached to the original steel hood. Trunk lid is also steel so both trunk and hood are hinged not lift off. Grill outline has been custom painted to match!
Other Mods:
6 point S&W cage with pro street bars (I have the down tubes to make it an 8pt). Welded in 2x3” frame connectors also welded to rear floor pans, new mopar aluminum master cylinder with Wilwood proportioning valve and Hurst line lock. 73-76 style front disk brake conversion originally had drums. Has larger upper ball joint and upper control arms and has larger style 11” rear drum brakes out back. All new brake lines routed on the entire car front to rear. New 12 gallon fuel cell mounted in the trunk where previous spare tire well was located. 2 Holley blue pumps and regulators with -8 steel braided fuel lines installed (one pump for the engine, the other for any future nitrous use). New windshield with smoke tint at the top 6”, also new side markers and tail lights from Year One. Car has ALL new wiring with a Ron Francis wiring kit with custom turn signal indicators in dash. New Turbo Action 3spd floor shifter with reverse pattern. New Autometer 5” tach with shift light dash mounted. Original TUFF Wheel not a replica with minor cracking but the metal is perfect. New poly racing seats with black covers with Simpson 4pt racing harness in both driver and passenger side (SFI good until next year). New Legendary Interior carpet and carpet that covers the rear package tray and aluminum fire wall. Battery relocated to the trunk and master kill switch installed and aircraft style Morroso battery jump plugs installed. Weld Alumastar 2.0 front and rear wheels (15x3.5 front runners and 15x8 rear). All new rubber Mickey Thompson tires ET streets! I still have the original rear seat that currently is not installed but can be.
This car is complete and not a project vehicle, all the hard things are done! It is perfect for anyone looking for a street/strip/show mopar muscle car. I have all receipts for this vehicle and over 20K invested. The only reason I’m selling the Dart is because I’ve decided to go Race only and can’t bare to cut this car apart to modify it to go extreme and I don’t have room for 2 cars. This car is perfect for what many of you are looking for and would cost you much more than my selling price to build yourself. If you want a finished car that you can drive immediately rather than a getting project that will cost much more than the selling price in the end then this is your chance to get an awsome car at a great price. Priced to sell at $16,500 OBO, please PM if interested!
I live in Harrisburg Pennsylvania zip is 17112 and prefer local pickup but I’m willing to deliver within a reasonable distance. I will have the car for sale at Chryslers of Carlisle.

df1.JPG

ThanX, I'm hoping to post more pics tonight but it's raining right now and I need to get it outside to get some nice photos. I managed to wash it between showers a few hours ago and now I need to go detail the rims and wipe down the interior.

Nice Very Nice,
That's a real good price on that car!!

ThanX Bill, I baked in the sun for 2 days here at Carlisle and wish I would have just charged all the people who took pictures and asked me to start it for them LOL. I had tons of compliments and lots of people who said the same thing as you, that I had a good price on it but no takers yet. I'm not going back over tomorrow so I hope people wrote down my phone number. It was nice to have people checking it out but I was really hoping to sell her. I didn't see hardly any cars selling (3 total that I know of)? A 71' 440 Cuda parked across from me was up for $210,000. Yes I didn't get an extra zero in there, we're talking a mortgage and he couldn't even get it to start to move it over so another car could fit in its spot. Sadly, I think 10K is the cut off. Most guys have and are willing to shell out 10K for a car but once you go over that denomination all of sudden it dwindles down the market you have available. I bet even if I offered my car for 14.5 and offered to throw in my 440 short block with six pack rods and 11.1 compression speed pro pistons I still couldn't sell it because it's over the 10K limit? But I guess it's easier for people to shell out the 10k up front for a stocker, then shell out another 10k over the course of 5+ years and all the time they will have invested into it because it's not as big of a shot on the wallet all at once even though it's actually cheaper in the end. So if anyone by chance reading this is interested at all, please don't hesitate to PM or call me & maybe work something out cause I'd like to sell it, especially to another mopar enthusiast who will appreciate it.
Adam

You said you wanted to go all out racing, do you already have a car.

You said you wanted to go all out racing, do you already have a car.
Yeah, I just bought a 73 Cuda that's already set up and has been raced previoulsy. It's back haved, 4 link, dana 60, 12pt reinforced cage, all lexan windows, and tin work is all finished. I have a brand new 500" motor I'm putting in it that has 440-1 CNC ported heads and 2 1050 dominators up top. That's why I'd like to sell the dart. The dart is a great pro-street car but I'd like to put up some real serious times in the 8's on motor only and in order to do that I would have had to really cut apart the dart to modify it and it's already finished. Didn't make much sense. Family and friends want me to keep both but I don't like to just store cars and garage space is getting kinda tight and I honestly think someone else would drive and make more use of it than myself at this point. I have this other 440 sitting here so if I don't sell it I will probably end up dropping that into it and maybe putting a blower on it, who knows. I'll drop the price to $15,500 and see if that gets anyones attention but the NOS solenoids & plate that I just put on and aren't hooked up yet are coming off. So Last chance boys and girls $15,500 takes it!
Adam

Price reduced to $15,500 OBO and includes everything; the car with current 360 set up, the NOS kit, and my 69 440 short block with 11.1 Speed Pro pistons bored .030 over and all machine work done! Must Sell
I would also consider a partial trade with an enclosed car trailer!

Bump & price dropped to $14,500 OBO Must Sell!!! I'd like an enclosed trailer and would take a Partial Trade if someone has one.

WOW,

What a beautiful job! I'd like to talk to you about the car. I have a few questions, but it's what I've been looking for. My main concern is how streetable it is (lights, wipers, etc.). If you want, you can give me a call at *** *** ****. Thanks.

lucky68

I believe so! Thought I was gonna tear up when it came time to sign the title over. Oh yeah, best part was when I got the original rear seats down from the loft I noticed a piece of paper stuck in between the springs from the bottom. Yeah, you guessed it...the original broadcast sheet from when it came out of the factory. I verified the VIN number on it but didn't take time to decode anything else. You could read it perfectly but I didn't want to risk tearing the paper so I left it where I found it. So the new owner has that too. Funny thing is, I never knew I had it all this time. :cheers: I'm planning to start tackling some things on the Cuda now.

Yep, it went to a good home. I still have it and I'm making arrangements to move it to its 2nd home. Its starting to have some rust issues, but aren't they all? Thank you, FABO for the best website there is. I couldn't have done it without you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back