72 Scamp Pro Street Build

-
I am a 72 remember XD but okay thanks, I'm still deciding.

Your Dart is super clean! I love it.:thumblef:

Yes, but all Scamps with the tail lights in the bumper came with the 70 Dart rear bumper, except your Scamp should have slots in it for your jack. The 70 Dart bumper doesn't have those.
Here's a picture of my 1973 Scamp parts car for example..

Thanks! It's been a lot of work, but it came out pretty nice.

Okay awesome!, I would buy that bumper on the 73 from you, if it happens to be for sale ;) ?
those bumper pads are removable eh ?

nice jeep!

Okay awesome!, I would buy that bumper on the 73 from you, if it happens to be for sale ;) ?
those bumper pads are removable eh ?

nice jeep!

It is for sale. Someone has installed a trailer hookup in it for tail lights and stuff though.
Yep, often when you remove them, the chrome underneath is very nice, while the bumper looks funny, lol.

Not my jeep, though I wish. I've got the car stored at a friends for the moment.

AMD has great fitting panels. Ive used both AMD and Sherman. AMD has a better fitment then the Sherman but the Sherman is cheaper. AMD being a time saver. Are you keeping the Vinyl top? If not get it off and see what your working with! I see rust lurking under there. Summit seemed to have the best price and shipping on AMD panels. With some massaging i think your bumper could be saved or atleast driver quality.

I'd keep the "70 Dart bumper" myself. I like it better than the later 4 lights version. I like both, just the earlier one better. And I don't think the rubber bumpers and jack slots were available until '73. So your '72 bumper, as far as I know, is correct.

AMD has great fitting panels. Ive used both AMD and Sherman. AMD has a better fitment then the Sherman but the Sherman is cheaper. AMD being a time saver. Are you keeping the Vinyl top? If not get it off and see what your working with! I see rust lurking under there. Summit seemed to have the best price and shipping on AMD panels. With some massaging i think your bumper could be saved or atleast driver quality.

I'll have to check that out! thanks! Any website links ? And I'm going to get new black vinyl top I think (after paint of course) My first thing on the list is to tear off the old one, I fear exactly what you said! have any tips on doing that job ? The bumper is driver quality but I'm going for full resto, I'm to OCD to do it half *** :D but it will work for the mean time, going to see if its savable first though.

I'd keep the "70 Dart bumper" myself. I like it better than the later 4 lights version. I like both, just the earlier one better. And I don't think the rubber bumpers and jack slots were available until '73. So your '72 bumper, as far as I know, is correct.

Yeah the one on it is starting to grow on me more and more so I will likely just keep it original.

It is for sale. Someone has installed a trailer hookup in it for tail lights and stuff though.
Yep, often when you remove them, the chrome underneath is very nice, while the bumper looks funny, lol.

Not my jeep, though I wish. I've got the car stored at a friends for the moment.

Okay thanks Mike! :cheers: I'll be in touch if this one is to bent up, still looking for a taillight either way though.

To bad it looks like a CJ ?

-
Back