727 fill tube/dip stick

-

oregonhd

big daddy John
Reaction score
I have a 72 Dart with a 440 and 727, had to remove the fill tube and stick to get the it lined up with the motor mount, My question is how do you get that sucker to work, there is not enough room between the fire wall and engine, what is the trick to it? do I need to purchase a certain one? I am stuck other than trying to bend it?

There are may different ones, so, to answer your question, Yes, you'll need to get one with the correct bend(s) or modify the one you have. A 3rd option is one of the aftermarket flex tubes......Summit, Jegs, et.al....

I know that this is an old thread. However, I have. 73 scamp and I am looking for the same answer with pics if possible. My dipstick came in a 440 motor home engine. The entire engine/trans is going in.

I know that this is an old thread. However, I have. 73 scamp and I am looking for the same answer with pics if possible. My dipstick came in a 440 motor home engine. The entire engine/trans is going in.

Mwau set up came out of a 67 Chrysler, I had to go to an aftermarket flex tube and stick, in order to not have a trial and error deal.

I put in a Loc flexible dip stick. Worked great for me. And you can mount it where you want it. The stock one was not gonna work with the 392 install

image.jpg

I put a Hughes loking tube & dipstick in mine. Fit great, stopped a leak. The bend looks a lot different than stock, but it fit perfect. 440/727 in a 74 Dart mounted with elephant ears and fenderwell headers.

-
Back