727 Torqueflite Case Hole #2 ??

-

threewood

Reaction score
I have in my hands a Cope auto shift valve body. I'm looking at the instructions and have no idea what he means by "case hole #2" which is number 8 below. I hace an orifice installed from my current TF2 kit but I think that is what number 12 is talking about. Anyone install one of these? I sent him an email earlier. The Monroe book does not have any case hole numbers described.
15523574775131951728846.jpg

He e-mailed back. Those are the incorrect instructions for that valve body:wtf:
The correct part number is on the top so I hope John fixes the typo:eek:

I don't have confidence in these kits that use an orifice plug. It seems like a pretty sloppy way to "adjust" the 2-3 shift.

I don't have confidence in these kits that use an orifice plug. It seems like a pretty sloppy way to "adjust" the 2-3 shift.
I you think of it it's just reducing the hole size to slow the flow down. That's what many of the holes on the transfer plate do. There are other tuning tricks to slow down high clutch engagement to reduce overlap but if there trans is in the car some are not accessible.

But not all shift kits do that. There has to be a better way, than to drop the valve body to "fine" tune it. I don't think the torqueflite is one of TransGo's favorites.

The Cope auto valve body doesn't require an orifice restrictor. Direct plug and play, comes with an accumulator rod to hold it fast. I have it all installed and buttoned up, waiting on my ATF from Summit Racing.

-
Back