73 340 Single wire coming from the firewall ?

-

flathead31coupe

Reaction score
Can someone tell me what this goes to... It's the single wire that's coming out of the firewall thanks.

20240812_194321.jpg

Hello flathead31coupe.
See attached picture.....
On mine it goes to manual transmission clutch petal interlock switch and then to starter relay.
It provides the battery negative to pick relay when clutch is depressed.
Note: Mine is a OEM manual transmission car.
Hope this helps
Happy Mopar :)
Arron.

Clutch interlock wire.jpg

Hello flathead31coupe.
See attached picture.....
On mine it goes to manual transmission clutch petal interlock switch and then to starter relay.
It provides the battery negative to pick relay when clutch is depressed.
Note: Mine is a OEM manual transmission car.
Hope this helps
Happy Mopar :)
Arron.

View attachment 1716288664
Thanks.That helps when I purchase the car.It's a factory three forty h code car But it did not have a fender tag It has a 4 speed and and what looks like.The wiring for a 4 speed.. I have no documentation to prove it so the Mystery Continues deciphering wires.

Check to see if the frame has torque boxes front and rear .
You may have an original 4sp car . Although not all 4 speed cars got 4 torque boxes I don’t think any auto’s got the front ones .

Of course previous owner might have done the conversion correctly and added the propper wiring .

Of course previous owner might have done the conversion correctly and added the propper wiring .
I found a small wiring harness that is coming from the bullhead connector closest to the driveside
That looks like it would have connected to the transmission wiring it's a three wire plug that has the yellow wire grounded. For whatever reason

-
Back