73' B3 340 Duster pro touring build

-
Thank you for all the leads and involvement offers regarding helping my Dad with his car search, we appreciated it.
Denny (HemiDenny) sent me some newly designed coilover shock tower supports, and here is my official report: They bolted right in and self align at the bottom for the frame holes, which you will need to drill 1/2" hole on the outside frame rail and a 5/16" hole on the inside (engine compartment side)thats about it. I had both installed in about 30 minutes. These are 2 piece supports that bolt together with 3/8" bolts. Denny also supplies frame crush sleeves (thats why you need to drill only 1 side at 1/2") to slide the sleeve into the frame and capture it between the hoop and bolt head on the inside. :thumbrig::thumbrig:

Attachments

• hoops 009.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 922
  • hoops 010.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 908
  • hoops 012.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 1,027
  • hoops 014.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 916
Thank you for all the leads and involvement offers regarding helping my Dad with his car search, we appreciated it.
Denny (HemiDenny) sent me some newly designed coilover shock tower supports, and here is my official report: They bolted right in and self align at the bottom for the frame holes, which you will need to drill 1/2" hole on the outside frame rail and a 5/16" hole on the inside (engine compartment side)thats about it. I had both installed in about 30 minutes. These are 2 piece supports that bolt together with 3/8" bolts. Denny also supplies frame crush sleeves (thats why you need to drill only 1 side at 1/2") to slide the sleeve into the frame and capture it between the hoop and bolt head on the inside. :thumbrig::thumbrig:

Looks great......... How is the progress at the body shop? and when does the new arrival make it to Mogadore?

Those look really strong!

attachment.php

Now you know what to expect ......did your arrive yet?
You probably got them, painted them and installed them as fast as you work.

Nope. No rush at this point.

Looks like the quality and fit are superb as we have come to expect.

thank you for all the leads and involvement offers regarding helping my dad with his car search, we appreciated it.
Denny (hemidenny) sent me some newly designed coilover shock tower supports, and here is my official report: They bolted right in and self align at the bottom for the frame holes, which you will need to drill 1/2" hole on the outside frame rail and a 5/16" hole on the inside (engine compartment side)thats about it. I had both installed in about 30 minutes. These are 2 piece supports that bolt together with 3/8" bolts. Denny also supplies frame crush sleeves (thats why you need to drill only 1 side at 1/2") to slide the sleeve into the frame and capture it between the hoop and bolt head on the inside. :thumbrig::thumbrig:

cant wait to get mine in along with my new k member

speaking of well made pieces can I post a few pics of a well made tool or will that open to flood gates of requests? LOL

Go ahead what Santa brought you, I've had lots of PM requests from other things I've made. Unfortunatley, most I don't have the free time to do. Most of the stuff I make is one off and since copied the basic look from research and pics online, So if someone wants to copy me, I have no problem with that.

Obviously they can be welded in after bolting them in correct?

Sure You could weld them in, even without bolting them in first if you want to but Dennys makes this stuff user friendly for the person who maybe doesn't have a welder or may want to go back to stock someday with minimal effort.

Obviously they can be welded in after bolting them in correct?

sure...but as a bolt-on...they can be bolted/ unbolted separately from the shock mount....perhaps for ease of during alignment/ease of upper shock mount install

Those are VERY nice pieces! Too late to scrap my junk and go HD???

you got all the trick stuff....and you know what your doing.

I would love to come up and see you build...it's always productive to spitball different approaches

sure...but as a bolt-on...they can be bolted/ unbolted separately from the shock mount....perhaps for ease of during alignment/ease of upper shock mount install

Heres a pic of the 2- 3/8" bolts that secure the hoop to the Coilover mount/shock tower support.

Attachments

• hoops 010.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 845
Heres a pic of the 2- 3/8" bolts that secure the hoop to the Coilover mount/shock tower support.

ahhhhh...you put the bolts in backwards, (installers choice is OK with me) ....that what I get sending without instructions/pictures

I actually plan on tack welding a nut on the shock mount the installing the bolt the "correct" way that way I won't need two tools tighten everything down. I've never been a fan of following instructions anyway.

I'm just a fan of poly-locks on anything with the suspension...hidden, of course

Nice looking piece there. Can't believe you put the bolts on backwards. Happy New Year to ya.:coffee2:

-
Back