73' B3 340 Duster pro touring build

-
It's just a plain 38 Ford standard tu-door sedan. Lots of little details done all over, we tried to keep the stock looking theme. Something that could have been put together in 1961. Except for the independent front suspension and A/C, which is hidden.

Bill

That is one sweet ride! What gives with the engine with a blower against the wall??

Not really sure it will last on the 71' Demon,, I've heard the word Hemi
being thrown around lately...but you didn't hear that from me.
I know........and Mr HemiMark recently purchased a 2nd set of 426 Hemi
electronically controlled Hilborns.

intakenew_zps5166cda6.jpg

My set up was put together by a guy in North Carolina, Fran Olson. He's a master in the street ability of EFI, in my opinion. Then my guy Bob polished everything to the max. I like it.

Bill

My set up was put together by a guy in North Carolina, Fran Olson. He's a master in the street ability of EFI, in my opinion.

That's good to know I might be needing someone to tune my setup that's within a reasonable driving distance.......

The look of Individual Throttle Bodies is really hard to beat.

Regards,

Joe Dokes

That's kind of what I thought...when I ordered everything from Richard @ Fastman EFI, I had just about every option from Hilborn stacks, 3x2's, singe and dual throttle bodies
SB_Mopar_Hilborn_1JPG.jpg

StacksMoparNats.jpg

My set up was put together by a guy in North Carolina, Fran Olson. He's a master in the street ability of EFI, in my opinion. Then my guy Bob polished everything to the max. I like it.

Bill

Who's DFI, EFI system are you using to controll everything?

Just a simple FAST unit. Fran swears by them.

Oh the blower? That's one of Bobs other projects. You see, I've got him almost converted to Molar power. His buddies figured the other way would happen to me. They've end had the audacity to suggest that even we we're doing the firewall, yo make it compatible for a sbc. Bob told them that would never happen. They went away grumbling.

Bill

Oh yes, Fran has done some converting Hilborns to EFI in the past. He's been playing around with injection for over 25 years.

How many potential CFM can be realized with that dual F.A.S.T. EFI?

I think each TB has the ability to flow up to 1000CFM. However, that is not very realistic. With port EFI any changes you make upstream of the injectors is just additional runner, plenum volume or a reduction in restriction. My new intake has three two barrel throttle bodies that could flow as much as 1600CFM with a given difference in pressure, but that is really a limit, not what it will flow. If you assume 100% Volumetric Efficiency, my 446ci engine at 7000rpm would flow 903CFM. I'm guessing I will not use 1600CFM... ever. My little ~840CFM Barry Grant actually worked really well on this engine. But, the combination of runner size, length, and plenum volume of my new intake will increase my VE within a certain RPM range. The beauty of port EFI is that you can not "over carburate" the engine by running a 2x4 or 3x2 set up. As long as you keep the injector sizing close you should be good.

But, dual throttle bodies looks very, vey nice. On my 38, I was going to go with dual quads, (400 com AFB's) nut the I met Fran over the internet and the performance and economy of EFI, plus the 60's gasser look got me.

On my upcoming A body, I am torn between 6.1 EFI, or going 340 stroker (416) with a single FAST throttle body. This will be my everyday we, so I do demand dependability. Also, I want to go 5 or 6 speed manual.

But, dual throttle bodies looks very, vey nice. On my 38, I was going to go with dual quads, (400 com AFB's) nut the I met Fran over the internet and the performance and economy of EFI, plus the 60's gasser look got me.

On my upcoming A body, I am torn between 6.1 EFI, or going 340 stroker (416) with a single FAST throttle body. This will be my everyday we, so I do demand dependability. Also, I want to go 5 or 6 speed manual.

I had a 340 and switched to the 5.7 Hemi. I am a big fan of the new Hemi and like the technology they bring to our older cars. A manual 6 speed from a challenger would be awesome in an A-Body.

....there is no way my 416 will ever be able to utilize anywhere near that.
Sounds like the Munster Coach syndrome (Ten 2-Bbl's on a 289 Ford).
In your case the modern electronics are the watchdog; in their case,
unfortunately, only the two center carburators were operational.

I made another set of motor mount K frame brackets due to some final fitment issues, basically I had a had a brain fart when I made the other set of brackets for the mock up..... but Denny helped me see the error of my ways when he dropped off my new HDK over the weekend. Now that the 9/16" attachment bolt slides thru like butter it's time to ship it off to the local Powder Coating shop for a nice Satin Black long lasting finish.

I feel lost with all the builds I was following.
Love the poly bushing plate mounts!

Well, it's been a week or so of modifying. First the Aeromotive in tank fuel pump needed about .500'" extra for the pump and filter to fit properly so I made a 1.00" riser and hollowed it out for weight savings then removed the Carb pick up and return fittings and welded the new parts in. second I had to remove the .700 notch in the Milodon oil pan for the drag link since the 4.00" stroker crank, Milodon windage tray and ARP main stud kit didn't play nice together I needed .550" clearance so now that's fixed and finally made shorter sway bar link spacers and trimmed down the bushings to draw everything closer together and tuck it up nice and tight (per Denny's Recommendation) I ended up going from a 5.5" bolt to a 4.5" bolt.

Attachments

• PA040551b.JPG
    69.7 KB · Views: 612
  • IMG_2396.jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 617
  • duster 002.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 622
  • duster 009.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 600
  • duster 010.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 617
  • duster 012.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 608
  • duster 013.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 621
  • duster 007.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 584
  • duster 004.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 651
  • PA040550b.JPG
    72.2 KB · Views: 607
Here's the rest of the pics....

Attachments

• IMG_2397.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 607
  • IMG_2398.jpg
    143.3 KB · Views: 611
  • 025.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 631
  • duster 019.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 628
  • duster 018.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 644
This is some very fine, refined and defined shhh..tuff!

Shows a lot of forthought and some very nice work!

A lot of nails and wire and glue there. What kind of finish
will be on the pan when it is done? Black powder coat?

Bill

Are you talking about FOX ENGINEERING Fran? if you are he is a great guy, he is going over my set-up to make sure everything is OK to run.

-
Back