73 Duster build named Fred

-
For some reason a lot of car shows cut off at model year 1972
You're not going to the right ones, you need a flat hat, cardigan sweater, scarf and loafers to get in the over 72 shows, you know the ones with the vettes, beamers, and other crap. lol
I

and a list of the people that did all the work on the car. lol
Most of those jokers at car shows don't know anything about their car.
Hmmm....well there are a few diehards at the cruises I go to a bit down here. Friend's 74 Cuda with a 540 Hemi. Races it most weekends but also drives it to a cruise here or there. Brand new Keith Black alum hemi block on the stand "in case I need more!" (Think it's for a 603 incher.) He also just finished a Ford Falcon that he hopes will go into the 8's. Some type of alum 427 Ford motor. Drives that on the street too! And his pal with a 66 Nova SBC stroker drives in quite a bit. Ran that at Sick week and has gone 8.50's at like a buck-sixty. Show quality car to boot!

The local car scene down here is amazing. With my junk, I'm just a flea on a dog! I'm sure there are plenty of check-writers but I've found at least those I hang out with to have grease under their fingernails too. Some race, some just go to shows and cruises, and some do both. Point being there are just so many folks enjoying the old cars we love!

I average maybe one car show a year just to go BS and tell lies. I do a walk around and people watch more than Looking at cars. If oldies are playing that’s a bonus for me. And by that I mean 50’s music.

My biggest hurdle is I'm a doer, not a watcher. That's why I don't go to sporting events, car shows or spectate at races although I will on occasion go to support a friend who's racing and help out. If I do go, I usually hang out and BS more than spectate.

Geez this hood is heavy! Wasn’t fun getting it out of the bed of my truck by myself. Just found the hinges and I think the 2 of them weigh more than my glass hood with the scoop! lol

IMG_3290.jpeg

My way to gently leave the sport was to have my son home and driving. I lost that out when he moved to Ohio. So one day I’ll wake up and probably never go to another race.

You're not going to the right ones, you need a flat hat, cardigan sweater, scarf and loafers to get in the over 72 shows, you know the ones with the vettes, beamers, and other crap. lol
I
I used to go to Mopar shows like that...but that was in the 1990s

Oh. Shows you it's been a long time sense I been to a car show. Lol
We have one in my town, pretty big but 73s and 74 sneak in....but they'll throw a dude out in a 78 Cordoba real fast lol

We have one in my town, pretty big but 73s and 74 sneak in....but they'll throw a dude out in a 78 Cordoba real fast lol

That’s coming up next month. I usually go, but if it’s BBQ temps I’m tapping out.

And the way **** is going I might not be home for it.

It’s pretty rare to be 75 degrees in August around there.

It would be interesting to find out how many days they’ve been running that show that the temps were that low.

My best WAG is it ain’t many.
It's been 95+ Everytime I've gone.
I am not going unless you go lol

It's been 95+ Everytime I've gone.
I am not going unless you go lol

Depending on how it goes with my dad I may not be home before then.

That’s how I forgot about trucking the /6 for you. I had to leave early and just spaced it off. I apologize for that because it screwed you guys up quite a bit.

Depending on how it goes with my dad I may not be home before then.

That’s how I forgot about trucking the /6 for you. I had to leave early and just spaced it off. I apologize for that because it screwed you guys up quite a bit.
I hope everything goes well with your dad.
No worries about the slant

There is no law that says you can’t run a nice, big hood scoop.
lol, I’m just experimenting. Obviously my favorite is the aero scoop.

I’m racing car club tomorrow night and I want nothing more than to smoke the big scooped, open header big tire Camaros with my flat hood duster through the mufflers. :steering:

-
Back