73 Duster build named Fred

-
I don’t know…it’s a slippery slope. Once you ditch the hood scoop it’s a short step to the power glide.

Just sayin’…maybe we all need to head over there and do an intervention or something???

This is getting scary.
Flat hood for one night of racing this Friday…. Just another one of my experiments to see what it will do in full on street trim. Hell, it’s even a steel hood and will have a 14”x3” drop base air cleaner! lol

I like keeping old school, old school. I love the new stuff in new stuff like my stock 9 second Super Stock that I recently sold. I’d be happy with a clean 11 second a body. All steel, all glass, full interior and naturally aspirated without any power adders.

I might have to build it from scratch as I would hate to undo everything I’ve done on Fred.

Damnit, maybe I should have kept Barney! lol

View attachment 1716273816
If I had your car I would throw some interior in it and drive the hell out of it. That's what my car is for, it has an 8 point cage, wipers and electric bmw sport seats! lol.

52326.jpeg

I hear it’s fun having a street car and going to car shows and car cruises every weekend. Get yourself a new pair of white tennis shoes and one of those chairs with an umbrella and cup
Holder. Keep a few ET slips and have them laminated and post them on a small foldable billboard that fits in your trunk with your trophies.

I hear it’s fun having a street car and going to car shows and car cruises every weekend. Get yourself a new pair of white tennis shoes and one of those chairs with an umbrella and cup
Holder. Keep a few ET slips and have them laminated and post them on a small foldable billboard that fits in your trunk with your trophies.
I don’t do car shows…. lol

I like keeping old school, old school. I love the new stuff in new stuff like my stock 9 second Super Stock that I recently sold. I’d be happy with a clean 11 second a body. All steel, all glass, full interior and naturally aspirated without any power adders.

I might have to build it from scratch as I would hate to undo everything I’ve done on Fred.

Damnit, maybe I should have kept Barney! lol

View attachment 1716273816
Easy Bill keep fread the way he is. Incase latter on you have the itch to go fast and build you a first gen dakota. They are every wear and are pretty cheap. Lol you might even find some one giving one away.lol he'll come to mo and I will give you my parts 95 dakota sport. Will just need a hood and a drivers door. Lol I took them off to put on my 96. Now this is just me. Bit if I was going to have to sweat my *** off, I woukd rather it be behind the wheel of my race car than sitting at a car show. Lol

Easy Bill keep fread the way he is. Incase latter on you have the itch to go fast and build you a first gen dakota. They are every wear and are pretty cheap. Lol you might even find some one giving one away.lol he'll come to mo and I will give you my parts 95 dakota sport. Will just need a hood and a drivers door. Lol I took them off to put on my 96. Now this is just me. Bit if I was going to have to sweat my *** off, I woukd rather it be behind the wheel of my race car than sitting at a car show. Lol
Yeah, I'm not looking for another project or adding more work to my plate. Thank you though.

Yeah, I'm not looking for another project or adding more work to my plate. Thank you though.
ok bill I will trade you my dakota for Fred. I will even throw in the 95 dakota sport parts truck. The only think it needs to make it 100 percent street legal is a horn and wiper blades. Oh and I forgot front and rear bumpers. Runs low 11 on 93 pump gas. Just let me know when you are ready to trade. Lol ( bill would take one look at my junk and run away screaming. Lol)

Leave it to you to talk about corvette guys on a mopar forum. You sure seem to know a lot about chevy folks, jeesh, next thing we know you will be doing threads on porting LS heads :lol:

Leave it to you to talk about corvette guys on a mopar forum. You sure seem to know a lot about chevy folks, jeesh, next thing we know you will be doing threads on porting LS heads :lol:
Corvettes....barf emoji

Keep a few ET slips and have them laminated and post them on a small foldable billboard that fits in your trunk with your trophies.
and a list of the people that did all the work on the car. lol
Most of those jokers at car shows don't know anything about their car.

I'm getting ready to put a numbers matching 340 in a 69 swinger 4 speed car...the dude found it for $3500.00 last year...he's a Chevy boy and real limp wrister.
He knows **** about the car except that it's low production numbers and definitely can't do anything build wise .
I never get lucky lol.

Corvettes....barf emoji
You should have seen the group of them heading into renegade on Friday night before the mopar drags. We were behind them at the gates and we all just started laughing our asses off at the customized plates and corvette hats. At the end of the day I am all for whatever someone wants to do and it all helps keep the hobby alive, but it ain't my deal for sure!.

You should have seen the group of them heading into renegade on Friday night before the mopar drags. We were behind them at the gates and we all just started laughing our asses off at the customized plates and corvette hats. At the end of the day I am all for whatever someone wants to do and it all helps keep the hobby alive, but it ain't my deal for sure!.
That was the pride parade

And be ready for being asked what year nova it is. Lol I had a few ask me what year nova my 1973 dart was at the drag strip. Lol

And be ready for being asked what year nova it is. Lol I had a few ask me what year nova my 1973 dart was at the drag strip. Lol
For some reason a lot of car shows cut off at model year 1972

-
Back