73 Duster build named Fred

-
I'm here working on the car. Got everything checked out, 2-step wired in and tested, all the electrical gremlins discovered at the track fixed and trying to decide if I drop the trans pan and yank the valve body out since I found one with TB. As of right now, it is ready to go on another road trip and hit the track.... lol

While you are wiring something to think about. Lots of guys wire in their line lock into the transbrake so you can’t get any movement at all. It uses a diode to prevent back feed into the system. I have a powerglide schematic if interested. It should be the same I would think.

While you are wiring something to think about. Lots of guys wire in their line lock into the transbrake so you can’t get any movement at all. It uses a diode to prevent back feed into the system. I have a powerglide schematic if interested. It should be the same I would think.
Interesting.... I'll think about it and let you know if I need the schematics. Thanks!

I'm here working on the car. Got everything checked out, 2-step wired in and tested, all the electrical gremlins discovered at the track fixed and trying to decide if I drop the trans pan and yank the valve body out since I found one with TB. As of right now, it is ready to go on another road trip and hit the track.... lol
Awesome, again.... nice work !

Very Slightly modified 350 Oldsmobile that I switched from 2:73 gears to a set of 3:73’s. Ran 15.6-15.7’s
When I was young (2-4yrs) my grandma had a 72 cutlass with a rocket 350. Brown on brown on brown. Loved them ever since.

When I was young (2-4yrs) my grandma had a 72 cutlass with a rocket 350. Brown on brown on brown. Loved them ever since.

I worked at a gas station and I bought this car (Oldsmobile) and that 72 (340) Duster four speed car without ever driving them. They were both great customers and I told them when they wanted to sell them I wanted them.

Yeah, shipping is what kills it for me.
Ive got a fiberglass place local to me (sort of), so I could just pickup whatever I wanted, to avoid packaging and shipping. Too bad they don't make anything for either of the cars I want fiberglass for.
(Unlimited, in Hesperia ca).

Ive got a fiberglass place local to me (sort of), so I could just pickup whatever I wanted, to avoid packaging and shipping. Too bad they don't make anything for either of the cars I want fiberglass for.
Unlimited is who I ordered from. $330 freight charge for a hood, trunk lid and both bumpers. Hopefully they stick to the 2-3 week lead time with a week for transit.

Unlimited is who I ordered from. $330 freight charge for a hood, trunk lid and both bumpers. Hopefully they stick to the 2-3 week lead time with a week for transit.
Your freight wasn’t bad, to just send a hood to the east coast they quoted me $510 or something lol. I have unlimited bumpers and fenders on my car but from like 13 years ago

You do know we're gonna need weights of the stuff coming off, and the stuff going on, right?!?
Gonna do a "chrome" wrap on the bumpers?

I just drove up to Unlimited Fiberglass a couple weeks ago and picked up a hood and a trunk lid for my 70. They had em in stock and were cool people to deal with. Gave me a shirt and few hats while I was there.

The 6pack scoop that I have on my factory hood came from unlimited. I have AAR bumpers and was looking at them for a hood. I was looking at them for a hood as well. A bolt on hood is $840 just for the hood plus shipping, from AAR. I recall shipping for the bumpers was a $100+, years ago. They are in Florida and I'm in PA

I was actually looking at AAR and apparently thay closed their doors.

I was actually looking at AAR and apparently thay closed their doors.
AAR is now Stinger. Edit: Stinger says they are "temporarily" closed.
And why don't you try GloryDays fiberglass . They are IN Pennsylvania, I don't know where exactly. I could drive a LOOOONG ways, to save $500 shipping!
Edit: they are in McAlisterville, but it looks like the closest they have is a 71/72 demon hood. Still, I'd give em a call....

Last edited:
Jonesing for a hit so I took the Super Stock out for a drive to get my fix. lol

IMG_2400.jpeg

IMG_2390.jpeg

IMG_2393.jpeg

Last edited:
AAR is now Stinger. Edit: Stinger says they are "temporarily" closed.
And why don't you try GloryDays fiberglass . They are IN Pennsylvania, I don't know where exactly. I could drive a LOOOONG ways, to save $500 shipping!
Edit: they are in McAlisterville, but it looks like the closest they have is a 71/72 demon hood. Still, I'd give em a call....

Looks like about a 3 hour drive just under 290 miles for me. How is the quality of their fiberglass. I would love to have a 4 inch cowl hood.

Looks like about a 3 hour drive just under 290 miles for me. How is the quality of their fiberglass. I would love to have a 4 inch cowl hood.
I honestly have no idea. I ran across them by accident, looking for Opel glass. 73smallblock is in PA, shipping and packaging for a hood cross country is nuts, and Glory Days is in PA too.
My local place doesn't build anything for my cars that I would buy glass for (they do for the Cuda, but it doesn't need any glass.)
Bill just bought stuff from unlimited, they have cowl hoods for your Duster from 3" to 9" high.
(If you get grief for the cowl, tell em it's an oversize 70 road runner scoop, lol)
Edit: if you do 290 miles in three hours, you're hauling ***, and more of a gambler than me!

I did look into glory days after your post. They only have hoods listed for 70-72 duster. One is a flat one and the other is a 6pk hood, both lift off.

I honestly have no idea. I ran across them by accident, looking for Opel glass. 73smallblock is in PA, shipping and packaging for a hood cross country is nuts, and Glory Days is in PA too.
My local place doesn't build anything for my cars that I would buy glass for (they do for the Cuda, but it doesn't need any glass.)
Bill just bought stuff from unlimited, they have cowl hoods for your Duster from 3" to 9" high.
(If you get grief for the cowl, tell em it's an oversize 70 road runner scoop, lol)
Edit: if you do 290 miles in three hours, you're hauling ***, and more of a gambler than me!

I’m sorry I was trying to do to many things at the same time.

IMG_1550.jpeg

I have no experience with Glory Days end products, but a few years ago he bought a Maverick off my wife to start making molds for Mavericks. Might be worth a shot to contact him to see if he can make the hoods, you guys want. If he has the mold for the hood, changing the scoop may not be to big of a deal to him, not sure.

-
Back