73 Duster build named Fred

-
Agree. He’s probably got 100+ hp on me. I’ll just have to tree him every time and hope he blows the tires off the hit…. lol
I haven't decided yet but I might go 32×14 and run my 4.56 gears, if I can find a good price on the slicks.

I haven't decided yet but I might go 32×14 and run my 4.56 gears, if I can find a good price on the slicks.

Good luck on that. Best I’ve found so far is summit and a 10% off coupon. I like my M/T slicks so I don’t really look for any other deals. I wish I had the balls to buy a set of 14-32 M/T radials and go a little faster but I’ve held off. I can’t afford not liking them.

Last edited:
Fiberglass parts arrived today. Now to trim and fit the hood with scoop, trunk lid and bumpers. Also got a text that my heads and intake will ship on Friday. I can hardly wait!
IMG_2556.jpeg

IMG_2792.jpeg

The hood is on the car already in that one picture
I seen that part, but he's got all those boxes.
I'd have that stuff out and hanging on the car with tape by now.
Lol, wait it would probably take a year for me to get it on but it would be unboxed.

I seen that part, but he's got all those boxes.
I'd have that stuff out and hanging on the car with tape by now.
Lol, wait it would probably take a year for me to get it on but it would be unboxed.
Boxes were when I got home. Parts are all unwrapped and test fitted…. lol

Small chip on both the hood and trunk lid. Both in the corners from shitty packaging. Easy fix and I’m happy. The parts fit amazing compared to typical fiberglass parts and will require very little work.

Small chip on both the hood and trunk lid. Both in the corners from shitty packaging. Easy fix and I’m happy. The parts fit amazing compared to typical fiberglass parts and will require very little work.
That's great, it's nice to get parts that are somewhat better than you expected

Unlimited did a nice job on my hood and trunk lid as well. I was happy with their stuff even before they gave me a hat.

Thanks for sharing this!

lol, I got the trunk lid and rear bumper mounted today. I was wrong, they fit like **** but in all fairness, I think all race weight stuff does because they are so thin and flexible.
Oh yeah nice job, are they lacking bracing?

Got all 4 glass parts installed. Now to graft in the scoop, make adjustments to the bumpers and rework the trunk lid because it fits like ****.... lol

Hood.jpg

Hood with scoop.jpg

Trunk lid.jpg

Not that you asked, but before you end up needing to change your undies like me-I ended up needing to hold the middle of my race weight hood down because it would bulge up around 1000’. I put strips of 1/4” aluminum to extend the hold downs out closer to the front. I’ve seen some folks go right off the core support, but I think it looks better out front. Here’s a couple pics, hood off and hood on:
1710616372852.jpeg

1710616490029.png

Last edited:
-
Back