73 Duster build named Fred

-
2nd pass, launched higher rpm (3600. 1st pass was 3200) and dropped tire pressure down half a point.
IMG_2725.jpeg
IMG_2726.png
IMG_2727.png

Did it still spin on the second pass? Shoulda picked up more than that.

Here’s a direct comparison between my best pass (I made 10 total) in Vegas versus my best of 2 here after getting the heads ported. Keep in mind, I’m still tuning and getting the car dialed in after making the changes.

IMG_2735.png

Faster track though too right???Gotta be faster than Vegas with those air conditions you showed me last night.

Get those caltracks set right and get those 60 foots in the 1.38-1.40 and you will be a happy boy. I put the offer out there for you last night. My kid it very up on tuning these things.

IMG_2426.jpeg

IMG_2425.jpeg

O2’s quick working, hard to tell what my AFR’s are but it seems to be running a little rich…. Yes I’m checking plugs.

Suspension tuning didn’t change much either and that might be because the car is leaving so soft.

We are about to start round 1 of eliminations so I’ll just run it out as is, get through the weekend and figure it all out when I get home.

O2’s quick working, hard to tell what my AFR’s are but it seems to be running a little rich…. Yes I’m checking plugs.

Suspension tuning didn’t change much

either and that might be because the car is leaving so soft.

We are about to start round 1 of eliminations so I’ll just run it out as is, get through the weekend and figure it all out when I get home.

Sound like a dumb question but it’s not. I’m assuming you used silicone in places when you assembled the engine. If you didn’t use O2 sensor safe silicone it will kill the sensors.

I had to learn that the hard way. If you pull them out and clean them with brake cleaner you may get them back working for a bit.

The fix is to get all the non O2 sensor safe silicone out of the engine. You know what that means.

Some how, that silicone gives off vapors that kills those things. I don’t understand why but it does.

Sound like a dumb question but it’s not. I’m assuming you used silicone in places when you assembled the engine. If you didn’t use O2 sensor safe silicone it will kill the sensors.

I had to learn that the hard way. If you pull them out and clean them with brake cleaner you may get them back working for a bit.

The fix is to get all the non O2 sensor safe silicone out of the engine. You know what that means.

Some how, that silicone gives off vapors that kills those things. I don’t understand why but it does.
Yeah, great question. Yes I used o2 sensor safe everywhere.

Right side died first, and then the left. I’ll try cleaning…. Thanks

You should use latex caulk for interior moulding, JK lol.
Isn't leaded fuel not the best for O2 sensors since eventually they'll get coated ?

You should use latex caulk for interior moulding, JK lol.
Isn't leaded fuel not the best for O2 sensors since eventually they'll get coated ?

Yes but the silicone will kill them way faster.

AEM told me that Bosch was releasing new sensors that weren’t affected by leaded fuel. I’m going to look into those when I need to replace these

Yes but the silicone will kill them way faster.

AEM told me that Bosch was releasing new sensors that weren’t affected by leaded fuel. I’m going to look into those when I need to replace these
Yeah silicone is bad.
Hopefully when you find them you'll let me know so the can send an extra pair.

Woke up this morning and decided to make some changes to the tune up. First pass of the day with a full (10 gallons) tank of gas it ran a 6.63 @ 104. That’s the quickest it’s ever gone.

IMG_2740.jpeg

Woke up this morning and decided to make some changes to the tune up. First pass of the day will a full (10 gallons) tank of gas it ran a 6.63 @ 104. That’s the quickest it’s ever gone.

View attachment 1716236540
Hell ya! Gotta be 10.4’s (maybe 3’s) in the quarter as I imagine you’ve got some top end with the new head mods. Nice work!

Hell ya! Gotta be 10.4’s (maybe 3’s) in the quarter as I imagine you’ve got some top end with the new head mods. Nice work!

With my dads old setup in his roadrunner, 6.60s was typically 10.40-10.50 depending on the day. Granite much different setups but I’m happy to see Bill got er truckin! Good job and congrats on the new best. @-Boosted-

Is he footbraking or trans brake? I forget lol

Last edited:
-
Back