73 Duster build named Fred

-
That's a great update. It will be nice to see you Bill. I'm glad you got a good idea of what you should have with the torque converter, good **** and good job !
I can’t wait to hang out and yes, I fully expect you to hang out with us at the track this time! Wait, do you even hang out bro? lol

I appreciate you listening to all my struggles and for your sound advice.

You have and continue to help
Other members by example. They will be smart following along and learning anything they can. Way to many guys don’t understand the importance of having the right converter.

You have and continue to help
Other members by example. They will be smart following along and learning anything they can. Way to many guys don’t understand the importance of having the right converter.
This is not fake news lol

Short clip showing where the Turbo Action converter is flashing. I had to edit out the rest of the shenanigans since I wasn't in Mexico at the time this video was made.... lol

Made it to Renegade Raceway (@MOPARMAGA and @Newbomb Turk ’s home track) for their seasons opener. 2 days of racing starting tomorrow morning.
IMG_2813.jpeg
IMG_2812.jpeg

See you tomorrow dude !
I shouldn't be sad but I am because it will be another season in the stands unless I hit mega millions

Last edited:
Well I sucked and @MOPARMAGA got to witness it but the car is coming around. Converter swap paid off and proved the original converter was holding me back. Now I know what to ask for when I get the PTC restalled.

The loaner Turbo Action is performing flawlessly, just not enough stall for my combo. The PTC was supposed to be a 5800 but flashed at 5000. The Turbo Action is flashing at 5200 and the car is leaving harder than it ever has but more importantly, it stays engaged and doesn’t feel like it’s slipping like the PTC did. 60’ went from 1.52’s to 1.45-47’s On top of that, the RPM drop on shift is 800 versus 1200 for the PTC. Thinking I need a tight 6000.

At any rate, new personal best, even with a 19mph headwind and 900 elevation versus close to sea level at home. You can see it in my 1/8 et. Dropped from 6.62 with a 1.52 60’ to 6.70 with a 1.45 60’

10.52 @ 127

IMG_2826.jpeg
IMG_2821.jpeg
IMG_2823.jpeg

Last edited:
Well I ducked but the car is coming around. Converter swap paid off and proved the original converter was holding me back. Now I know what to ask for when I get the PTC restalled.

The loaner Turbo Action is performing flawlessly, just not enough stall for my combo. The PTC was supposed to be a 5800 but flashed at 5000. The Turbo Action is flashing at 5200 and the car is leaning harder than it ever has but more importantly, it stays engaged and doesn’t feel like it’s slipping like the PTC did. 60’ went from 1.52’s to 1.45-47’s On top of that, the RPM drop on shift is 800 versus 1200 for the PTC. Thinking I need a tight 6000.

At any rate, new personal best, even with a 19mph headwind and 900 elevation versus close to sea level at home. You can see it in my 1/8 et. Dropped from 6.62 with a 1.52 60’ to 6.70 with a 1.45 60’

10.52 @ 127

View attachment 1716242629View attachment 1716242631View attachment 1716242632
Nice job Bill, it's almost like I was there...
I will say the car is sneaky fast and very quiet.
I'm pretty impressed because there are a lot of cars out here that are louder and look the drag car only part and Bill will kick their *** lol... If he didn't have a bad headache and red light.
I hope my car will be as consistent as yours Bill.

Last edited:
-
Back