73 Duster build named Fred

-
Watching the video of the 3rd round loss, I can see I (not intentional) shallow staged. Wouldn't have made a difference since the car didn't run the number but it explains my RT.

Car didn’t slow down. You dialed
Yourself out of it.
Agree it was an aggressive dial but the car definitely slowed down. I wasn't running it out all night and the weather was improving. I made one hit after the final round done and it ran a 10.32 @ 130 with a short 1-2 shift.

Originally had 10.34 on the window but my app predicted a 10.28 based on conditions. It is usually pretty darn accurate (got me to the finals in Yakima 2 weeks ago) but for whatever reason it was way off the mark on this run. Only variable was the car was hot having just made a pass 15 minutes prior.

Here's a comparison of my 2nd qualifier and round 3. You can see the conditions had improved quite a bit yet the car went slower. Again, it was after a hotlap so that was the only variable with the car.

IMG_3223.png
IMG_3224.png

Well you lost .007 in 60 foot so remembering that you are running 1/4 mile that’s big. Gotta watch those damn water grains too.
Yeah, I am learning a bit more each time out. I truly believe the car being so hot at the line hurt everywhere. I should have taken that in to consideration as well and didn't. Goal is to get at least 1 win with the car this season. Small consolation but the guy that took me out ended up winning so that helps.... lol

448576558_8451058158243529_1616719380310379871_n.jpg

Yeah, I am learning a bit more each time out. I truly believe the car being so hot at the line hurt everywhere. I should have taken that in to consideration as well and didn't. Goal is to get at least 1 win with the car this season. Small consolation but the guy that took me out ended up winning so that helps.... lol

View attachment 1716266478

You’re doing great in my eyes buddy. Just getting the car done as fast as you did was awesome.

View attachment 1716266478
I figured it was a Camaro. lol or a Nova, is there ever anything else at the track. lol

I have 3 more cats, just no photos...they're not available to, or want to be photographed

Bill, I had a weird dream last night, I was driving my car around basically as it sits in my garage with no oil or radiator, it over heated and scuffed the pistons . I shut it off before it seized.
Lol wtf

I have 3 more cats, just no photos...they're not available to, or want to be photographed
I can relate, to being difficult to photograph. Tried to take a shot of two of mine, asleep, somehow they ALL woke up, charged me and barked. Had to go play ball.
I have three long hair black-and-red gsd's..... and one tuxedo cat. My kids.
Edit: and I love black (and gray, and torties) cats!

Last edited:
-
Back