73 Duster build named Fred

-
Pull over and get it done!!
Nowhere to pull over. Lol.

IMG_3226.jpeg

IMG_0001.jpeg

My little Rocky. I wanted to name him Spike and get him a spiked collar but I couldn’t think of spike at the time. So Rocky he is. He was a great little dog. Found him in a parking lot.

IMG_0002.jpeg

Daisy. A rescue too. At about 9 months old she was attacked by a pit bull and she was paralyzed from half way down her back and back.

IMG_0715.jpeg

Her owners brought her in to put her down. My vet refused to do it without trying to save her first. They got her fixed up and called me to see if we’d take her. I’m an idiot and a moron so we brought her home. She’s a good little dog. It would have been a shame to put a dog like her down without trying to save her first.
IMG_0178.jpeg
IMG_0313.jpeg

The first picture is Cinnamon. We got her in 2022. She was exactly 8 weeks old and she basically came out of a puppy mill. My biggest mistake was not taking at least one more dog out of that litter. Or a couple more. She is a great dog.

The next picture is Daisy trying to eat Cinnamons head. I have video somewhere of Cinnamon dragging Daisy through the snow.

IMG_0715.jpeg

This is Roxy. She’s the oldest dog we have. She came off the streets of downtown Yakima Washington. She was pregnant and living in a homeless camp. She was trying to get into the wife’s office and the wife caught her. One of her coworkers took her home and she had 3 pups. Then we took her. So another rescue and a good little dog.
IMG_1139.jpeg
IMG_1141.jpeg

These two are Nala. We’ve had her just over a year. If we didn’t take her, she was going to go live with some drunken bum in a pick up camper. He didn’t want her but he’d take her.

We drove a couple of hours to get her. I couldn’t let her live with that *** jacker.

She a good dog. She and Cinnamon have some epic battles out in the yard. The run and chase each other and carry on.

All four are rescues and all good dogs. Of course they are all females so it gets a little nuts around here sometimes.

IMG_0467.jpeg

Edit: I got some pictures out of order but you can tell what dogs you are looking at.

This last one is Cinnamon on a sub freezing day playing ball with me. I think that day was in the single digits for a high but that dog it could be 90 below and she’d still chase that damn ball.

This weekend at the 1/8 mile track so I am going to experiment with my 28" tall drag radials. Man, you sure have been getting a lot of rain this season....either that or scorching temps!

Ya these tracks have taken a beating. They cut the purse pretty hard at last weekends big money race. I watched and had it on my shop stereo while I was in the driveway working on my trucks and a lot of racers I know sat it out mostly because of the heat. Gotta make up my mind tomorrow if I’m going to pre-enter the 40,000.00 race at Norwalk(625.00) I ran it the last few years so I have first dibs till the end of the month. Nice race at Quakers city next month and Dragway 42 second Ace race which I am pre-entered

Ya these tracks have taken a beating. They cut the purse pretty hard at last weekends big money race. I watched and had it on my shop stereo while I was in the driveway working on my trucks and a lot of racers I know sat it out mostly because of the heat. Gotta make up my mind tomorrow if I’m going to pre-enter the 40,000.00 race at Norwalk(625.00) I ran it the last few years so I have first dibs till the end of the month. Nice race at Quakers city next month and Dragway 42 second Ace race which I am pre-entered

You KNOW we are getting old when sub 100 degree tracks keep us at home.

I know I don’t do nearly as well with heat as I used to.

I had multiple reasons for not making it but number one was I can do a one day race in the 90’s. But four days is tough. Number two is I spent seven days in that weather in my gravel driveway doing my parking brakes and disk’s brakes on my 3/4 ton dodge. That job sucks especially when you get the wrong parts and even the right parts needed modified. I need my truck to pull the trailer out of my driveway then hook the motorhome up to it.

I had multiple reasons for not making it but number one was I can do a one day race in the 90’s. But four days is tough. Number two is I spent seven days in that weather in my gravel driveway doing my parking brakes and disk’s brakes on my 3/4 ton dodge. That job sucks especially when you get the wrong parts and even the right parts needed modified. I need my truck to pull the trailer out of my driveway then hook the motorhome up to it.

I get it. I have to mow the yard, it’s hotter than a popcorn fart out there and since I had that heart attack the heat used me up real quick.

I too can do a day in that kind of heat. But multiple days?? No way.

I have lots of work to do on my cars, but by 9am it's well over a hundred, and the shop Is 98 and climbing. I've got a room a/c unit, gonna try it in the hole where the dead swamp cooler is now.
(I think it cooled down to 95, around 3am last night)

I get it. I have to mow the yard, it’s hotter than a popcorn fart out there and since I had that heart attack the heat used me up real quick.

I too can do a day in that kind of heat. But multiple days?? No way.
You just need to get your *** out of bed earlier, noon don't cut it

First pass on the drag radials. So far I’m impressed. The car hooked, booked and picked the tires on the hit. Don’t look at the RT though…. lol

IMG_3245.jpeg
IMG_3241.png
IMG_3243.png

-
Back