73 Duster build named Fred

-
At Pacific Raceways for some Pro Bracket points action. It’s freakin toasty!

IMG_3282.jpeg
IMG_3280.png

Even though you went red, you had some fun for people like me.
I'm still very impressed with Fred and you as the builder, great job again Billy boy !

You could go out and walk the dogs. I know they’d love it and you are bored.

Or you could be working on your car…
It's hot, they're inside with me. ( I've walked them and they've had a great weekend)
It's hot, 106 in my garage.
Thinking about converting it into a pizza oven for the summers

Not a happy post....

Been thinking about this for a while and pretty sure I have decided to run a few more races this season and then hang it up. Just can't keep up physically anymore. I've been getting headaches at almost every race and I'm so exhausted when I get home to the point where it takes a few days to recover with this past Saturday really pushing me to the limit.

When I raced offroad, I had a team that helped with every task but now I am doing everything myself. From working on the car, to prep, loading the trailer, driving to the track, unloading and getting set up, checking the car out and running it. Keep in mind, the closest track to me is 2hr drive each way. Hell, I even man the grille at the track because none of my friends seem to know how to do that.... lol Of course when we are done racing, then I have to do everything in reverse order to get back home.

I'm not much of a spectator so I don't know how often I will make it out to the track but as much as I love everything about racing, I'm sure I will make it out on occasion to support my friends.

I'm not going anywhere, just don't plan on racing much longer. Now to decide what to do with Fred. I absolutely want an A-Body driver so do I convert back to street car or do I sell it and start over?

Last edited:
Not a happy post....

Been thinking about this for a while and pretty sure I have decided to run a few more races this season and then hang it up. Just can't keep up physically anymore. I've been getting headaches at almost every race and I'm so exhausted when I get home to the point where it takes a few days to recover with this past Saturday really pushing me to the limit.

When I raced offroad, I had a team that helped with every task but now I am doing everything myself. From working on the car, to prep, loading the trailer, driving to the track, unloading and getting set up, checking the car out and running it. Keep in mind, the closest track to me is 2hr drive each way. Hell, I even man the grille at the track because none of my friends seem to know how to do that.... lol Of course when we are done racing, then I have to do everything in reverse order to get back home.

I'm not much of a spectator so I don't know how often I will make it out to the track but as much as I love everything about racing, I'm sure I will make it out on occasion to support my friends.

I'm not going anywhere, just don't plan on racing much longer. Now to decide what to do with Fred. I absolutely want an A-Body driver so do I convert back to street car or do I sell it and start over?
When I win the lottery and after we get our 71 hemi cudas I'll get you a race team.... that's a promise

Not a happy post....

Drive it like it is? Why not? That would be a bad assed street car.

When I win the lottery and after we get our 71 hemi cudas I'll get you a race team.... that's a promise

You win the lottery you won’t have time to play with cars.

We are going to open an animal sanctuary to save these pets these puke bastards abuse and dump.

Not a happy post....

Don't let a -.004 light deter you! You don't have to race every weekend to have fun. Or enter points or whatever. Go for the sheer thrill of competition and see how you can do.
You've got a great car - should be quite low maintenance so not too much to do between events. Sure, add some interior comforts but beyond the basics, you don't need heat and wipers and all that. The car isn't for use on inclement days anyway.

Knock on wood....my time between races is a bit of polishing, swapping mufflers on/off and tires for slicks as I also enjoy this pig of mine on the street. I'm way slower than you but mine still puts a wide grin on my face every time the loud pedal gets exercised. Yes, occasional changes here and there like now revising/rewiring the gauge panel, etc, etc. But that's just for fun. There will always be little things I want to do.

As some on here say....drive the wheels off it and enjoy it. You built a heck of a car so go have some fun!

Not a happy post....

I feel you, once I hit 60 the energy level went down and the anxiety went up.
Sometimes I feel like I'm going 100 mph heading to nowhere with no energy. The brain says go the body says no.
I enjoy going out on the boat more than farting with the car. But pulling a 33' boat and off loading and loading ain't much fun either.
I think I'll get a horse. lol

You win the lottery you won’t have time to play with cars.

We are going to open an animal sanctuary to save these pets these puke bastards abuse and dump.
Yeah I'm moving you and your wife up the hill , buying the 40 acres around me and we're doing engine experiments.... There's gonna be a gate where people can just drop animals off so they don't have to walk in the road.

-
Back