**73 Scamp Mini Pro-Street Engine Swap**

-
Looks good, wish i was as close as you are! I always think, ahhh i can do that in a day, ends up taking 3 or 4.

Looks good, wish i was as close as you are! I always think, ahhh i can do that in a day, ends up taking 3 or 4.

Yup, a full day is rare. I usually get a couple hours here and there.

A full day and the right mind set you can get a lot done for sure.

Given any though to sinking the fuel cell into the truck floor (lower center of gravity weight wise)?

Given any though to sinking the fuel cell into the truck floor (lower center of gravity weight wise)?

Lol, It is done. If I was going to do that don't you think it would already be that way??

:violent1:

Other issues to make that happen and I decided against it.

Only ask because thats the stage Im at. I had a smaller 12 gallon sitting in trunk but decided I wanted to drive more than 10 minutes from every gas station and went to a 22 gallon. Now, after already fabbing a sheet metal floor and running hard lines, Im going to have to revamp it all to get the new cell to sit lower.

Only ask because thats the stage Im at. I had a smaller 12 gallon sitting in trunk but decided I wanted to drive more than 10 minutes from every gas station and went to a 22 gallon. Now, after already fabbing a sheet metal floor and running hard lines, Im going to have to revamp it all to get the new cell to sit lower.

Yeah for the purpose of my car I don't think it matters or will affect anything. Lower is better but I do not believe you will tell a difference on a Multi Purpose car with a ladder bar. It's not like I will be doing any cornering....

Ill just set it down on the ground more and be done, good thing about a ladder bar.

What kind of Rear suspension do you have?

What kind of Rear suspension do you have?

A mishmash of super stock springs and 3 way adjustable shocks with a set pinion angle (no snubber) on a narrowed rear end. The whole unit came from a drag car (duster) and was too good a deal to pass up although now that Ive shifted the build from drag to street/touring, the mini spool might make things a little interesting :D

Other than the sub frames, Im still piecing the suspension components together. Need to figure out a sway bar, boxing the front, what front shocks...

IMAG0269_zps25cf4495.jpg

A mishmash of super stock springs and 3 way adjustable shocks with a set pinion angle (no snubber) on a narrowed rear end. The whole unit came from a drag car (duster) and was too good a deal to pass up although now that Ive shifted the build from drag to street/touring, the mini spool might make things a little interesting :D

Other than the sub frames, Im still piecing the suspension components together. Need to figure out a sway bar, boxing the front, what front shocks...

IMAG0269_zps25cf4495.jpg

whats up with the upper shock location? why so close together?

I got the inner fender well patched back in after my Paintless dent removal project. It is all sealed up. I will probably re shoot the undercoat under both rear wheel wells.

Fuel & NOS Lines are landed. I tried a few times to make up hard lines from the pumps to the Y. I got frustrated and said Forget it. Braided will do for now and it looks good.

View attachment IMG_7150.jpg

View attachment IMG_7151.jpg

View attachment IMG_7152.jpg

View attachment IMG_7153.jpg

View attachment IMG_7154.jpg

View attachment IMG_7155.jpg

View attachment IMG_7156.jpg

View attachment IMG_7157.jpg

That looks awesome! If you don't mind me asking, what are running for trans cooler lines?

Also, what size is that fuel line are you using?

That looks awesome! If you don't mind me asking, what are running for trans cooler lines?

Also, what size is that fuel line are you using?

Thanks.

On the Trans I ran 2 foot of Stainless Braided PTFE -6 an out to the frame rail. From there it goes to 3/8 steel lines all the way to the cooler which is in front of the radiator. I used 2 foot of PTFE hose because it is flexible and can easily be moved out of the way if the trans ever needs to come back out.

Fuel Feed is Dual -10an or 5/8 from the sump with dual 10an filters before the pumps.

-8 an or 1/2" after the fuel log into both pumps.
-8 an or 1/2" after the pumps to Y to single -8 an or 1/2" to regulator.
Single -8 or 1/2" an return.

what did you paint your exhaust with? is that all ceramic coated? have you fired it up with the new pipes? hows the twerk chamber sound?

what did you paint your exhaust with? is that all ceramic coated? have you fired it up with the new pipes? hows the twerk chamber sound?

Car is not fired yet.

On the exhaust paint. I found some Aluminized "Look" Heat paint. It has a sheen to it but I am sure after I run the car it will dull out. It took 2 cans at a cost of $8.50 for both. Lol

Yesterday I went and picked up most of the stuff I need to finish up the trunk. I did end up ordering a new trunk mat from stock interiors, they do not come cut in so that is something I will need to do. I need to head out to the Paint mixing place and have some more green for the cage mixed up and put in cans. I hope to get that done by tomorrow.

I got out to Smitty's Paint today and had them mix up a couple cans of F3 for the cage and F8 for the trunk floor.

Also just got the call that the powder coating is done. Lady at the front desk said it just came out of the oven and it is cooling off and it will be ready for pick up in the morning.

Hopefully this weekend I can knock out most of the items on the punch list and get this project done and over with soon.

:cheers:

Very nice progress.
Would you mind commenting on your choice of ladder bars vs other options like Cal tracs?

-
Back