74 & 75 Dodge Dart "Hang Ten" Special Edition Cars

-

MMRJR

Reaction score
I am relatively new to MOPAR A bodies, but I came across a for sale listing for this "Hang Ten" special edition car, and I didn't know that these existed. I am in my late 60s and I have traveled extensively, and I have never seen one of these. Has anyone actually seen one of these on the road or at a car show? Any information on rarity and value?

Hello,
Happen to have a picture of the aforementioned car ?
Would love to see one also.
Thanks
Happy Mopar :)
Arron

I have seen them and almost bought one, but would have to give up a Barracuda, so I passed. Really nice interior with space saver fold down rear seat.

As a matter of fact, i do have one of these in my junk yard.
It's a '74 slant 6 car.
It's pretty rough, but it's all there, and it might be restorable..............(It's pretty rusty).
I had another one that i parted out a few years ago, it was a '74 318 car.
Rusty wasn't the word for it...........it was rotten!
Here's a link with some pictures and info on these special package cars..............
Car of the Week: 1974 Dodge 'Hang 10' Dart

Yep, i had one. It was a 74 E58 car - 360 HP. It too was rusty beyond belief. I parted it and used everything to convert my non rusty 75 dart sport from a 6 cyl bench seat car to 408, buckets etc. I have seen a few others over the years.

They are kind of unique but IMO not terribly collectible.

About 10 years ago I went to a car show it was all mopar show a couple of hours away and a lady had a slant six Hang Ten. She had just bought it within the last 6 months and didn't pay much for it at all. She won best of show.
And there was a lot of high end restorations.

My Daddy bought my sister a brand new one when she graduated high school. It was white with 225 and overdrive floor shift. Also had funky interior but I don't know what happened to it.

Hello,
Happen to have a picture of the aforementioned car ?
Would love to see one also.
Thanks
Arron
Here ya go. Not my car, but a listing for one found on the internet. Car is in CA and is for sale....
74dodge96829.1.jpg
74dodge96829.2.jpg

Kind of explaining why everyone who seen one it was a complete rust-bucket because everyone drove them to the beach.

Pretty sure those are the repro decals on that one. The originals were more orange, the repros are much redder. The one I parted was in my wife's family since new, in rainy vancouver. It had been hit hard and repaired three times. I suspect that the body seams were all distorted and opened up allowing the ingress of water. This and being parked outside its whole life wasn't kind to it.

It was the donor for this car which I painted the same spinnaker white that they painted the hang tens.

FB_IMG_1540749736042.jpg

I think they are really cool! Saw one at a show in Florida a couple years ago

I saw one on Wildcats wrecking website for sale. It obviously was a serious project, but sold.

I saw one at a pick-a-part years ago when Dusters were common (86 ish?) But now Im wondering what I saw exactly. I remember the Hang 10 logo but the one I saw was white and had a gold side stripe that was made of a bunch of little "Hang 10" feet in the stripe, no red white and blue motif or certainly no wave on the side....I think the interior was tacky like the pictured hang ten cars.....
upload_2018-10-28_21-2-27.jpeg
upload_2018-10-28_21-3-30.jpeg
upload_2018-10-28_21-3-32.jpeg

Hello All,
Thanks for the in depth information.
Car looks sweet.
A real statement of the 70's
If you are looking to buy it check it out inside and out.(sure you already know that).
Google the VIN and see if any thing pops up.
If you go look at it and or buy it please send more pix of it.
Thanks

I thought hang ten was the fold down rear seat option. Didnt realize ther was a stripe package too.
Cool.
My 76 has the fold down seat.

Hang ten was the fold down seat, spinakker white, stripe package, buckets and console, dual sport mirrors, orange shag carpet and psychedelic striped interior with orange inserts on the console and dash.

I am fairly certain that the package could only be had with an automatic, some cars had sunroofs and tuff steering wheels.

I was trying to post a link to one that’s a solid project for 2500. It’s on facebook market place, can’t figure out why it’s not working, sorry for the screen shots. 360, console, rear fold down seat.
E4984296-4290-4125-B9A3-D2906327A8DE.png
470C3927-624C-47A6-B902-3F8208901B0A.png
7F5719FA-43FB-4848-8868-290EA37653A4.png

Last edited:
Hang 10's are cool!
Saw one for sale at Mopar Nats a couple years back. Man I wanted that thing!
My uncle had one of those when I was a kid and always thought it was cool. I have a really nice Dart I'd give up for a Hang 10.

Hello all,
I am thinking for $2,500 you cant go wrong on that for a project car.
Where is it located ?
Arron

here’s one it seems to be all there resonable priced for a project, console, fold down rear seat. I dig it.

Hello all,
I am thinking for $2,500 you cant go wrong on that for a project car.
Where is it located ?
Arron[/QUOTE
That’s what I was thinking if I had the money and room for it I’d buy it

Mableton, georgia

Yep, i had one. It was a 74 E58 car - 360 HP. It too was rusty beyond belief. I parted it and used everything to convert my non rusty 75 dart sport from a 6 cyl bench seat car to 408, buckets etc. I have seen a few others over the years.

They are kind of unique but IMO not terribly collectible.

But there was a 360 c.i. Hang Ten in the Otis Chandler collection...and I think it was the only Mopar smallblock in this high-end collection besides a T/A Challenger...

If you are close to it?
I think someone would not go wrong buying it and sitting on it until they could restore it or resell it at some point in time to someone that would restore it.
Does any one know what the one at Mecum sold for ?
Arron

-
Back