74 Charger

-

Old Tired Rebel

Legandary Member
Legendary Member
Reaction score
While I was out running errands, My wife seen a Charger at a Mechanics shop. I had her to stop and I went inside to ask about it. The owner of the shop said a customer owned it and he hated working on old cars. He told he he threw in a new electronic dist,vr,module and it still wouldn't start. Said that he replaced a lot of wiring under the dash. I asked if he did a amp meter bypass on it he looked at me like I was stupid. I got his card and called him back with a link,I hope he fixed it and gets running,here is some pictures. Sorry for the poor quality of the pictures (camera phone)

P042213951136_zpsd07d39d9.jpg

P042213951137_zpsc825c35d.jpg

100_2339-1_zpsc3b1fffb.jpg

What a great guy Cliff! Stop and give some helping tips, that a true moparinian

a lot of the repair shops that are out there now don't know crap about the older mopars. lol

a lot of the repair shops that are out there now don't know crap about the older mopars. lol

Yeah I know he even told me he only likes working on newer cars, When talking to him he sounded more like a mechanic who likes to throw parts to repair cars rather diagnose the problem.

Yeah I know he even told me he only likes working on newer cars, When talking to him he sounded more like a mechanic who likes to throw parts to repair cars rather diagnose the problem.

Lol, he couldn't find a place to hook up his $5000+ scanner to diagnose the problem so he didn't know how to fix it.

I bet he only replaced wires under the dash that he could see. He didn't pull the dash cluster out to check the wiring on the amp meter. So the guy who own the car is paying for a lot of parts that were thrown at it.

Thats cool to offer help . I've done that before myself . Sooner or later , he might get tired of messing with it . Might call him back every so often , could be able to buy it cheap in a couple months . Just sayin ........

I bet he only replaced wires under the dash that he could see. He didn't pull the dash cluster out to check the wiring on the amp meter. So the guy who own the car is paying for a lot of parts that were thrown at it.

That guy needs to take the car to Mike's. He is a 60s Mopar nut too and races a white fastback Barrcacuda.

Thats cool to offer help . I've done that before myself . Sooner or later , he might get tired of messing with it . Might call him back every so often , could be able to buy it cheap in a couple months . Just sayin ........

I wish I could buy it.

Mike's Automotive. His shop is north of the high school and faces Franklin street. He is in the south end of the Cimarron Plaza shopping center.

1517 Cimarron Plaza, Stillwater, OK 74075

Hell I don't know where the high school is. LOL

Lol, You need to get out more and look around.

I figured that you might not and that is why I posted the physical address so you could mapquest it.

I am getting out some but right now just where I need to go.

I know the feeling. In this damp weather with the drastic temperature swings I can't even go out right now. I am getting damn tired of this house. If I don't absolutely have to go I don't.

Yeah I know the feeling well.

-
Back