74 Dart w/ 340 6 pack

-
Thanks Dartn440.
You are right when it rains it pours but sometimes you just have to wait for that ray of sunshine to come out.
The day after this happened I got laid off of my job, but my old boss took me over to a friend of his that needed a person of my expertise and as of today I have a new job with better pay and benefits.
Now I can get the car fixed without having to worry about every dime it will cost to fix it.

That is some good ****. Always nice to hear a good news story. The best thing about cars is they make more. Jobs are the same way. Health is the thing to worry about. I am still trying to figure out what I want to do when I grow up.

I'm already past that whole growing up stuff (Race car driver) and now I'm just going backwards.........Should be in diapers soon!!!

Thanks Dartn440.
You are right when it rains it pours but sometimes you just have to wait for that ray of sunshine to come out.
The day after this happened I got laid off of my job, but my old boss took me over to a friend of his that needed a person of my expertise and as of today I have a new job with better pay and benefits.
Now I can get the car fixed without having to worry about every dime it will cost to fix it.

That's awesome, glad to hear it worked out for you

So long story short they were only going to accept 60% fault until I threatened to file a claim with DOI about an unfair claim settlement and sue their customer for the unpaid amount......now they are accepting 100% fault. *#% Insurance companies and now I am going to have to fight with them to get it fixed right $$$ because the estimate they gave me is far to low. Ding Ding Ding, round two!!!

Well I pushed out the dent so that you can barely notice it. I was going to have it fixed but then I also want to get the whole car repainted. So for now I took the repair money and put it in a paint fund and hopefully next year I can get it painted the right way.

Wow it's almost been a year since I last posted in my own thread. Where has the time gone.......
Still looking at getting the Dart painted, and I will need to go thru the body again as I have noticed a lot of rattles and squeaks when driving around. AKA "The Rattle Trap" as my wife calls her. Still Love driving her (even if it's only on the weekends now) and seeing the smiles on peoples faces when they hear her. Time to get on with it!!!!

Got my Legacy plate notice from DMV today......But the first appointment to pick them up isn't until 11/22 :):(

showPlateImage.jpg

So I change up the valve covers today as I only had a half day :)
I put the black Mopar ones on. The old ones were chrome, It looks so much better!!

Old
P8279572.JPG

2013-11-10 08.07.06.jpg

New

IMG_1819.JPG

IMG_1820.JPG

IMG_1821.JPG

Love the sound!
I know......There is nothing that brings a bigger smile to my face.
The cam (Comp Cam XE268H) is the reason she sounds so goooooooood!!! I had to change out the stock springs, and I went with the Engle 993 springs which ended up giving me another 1000 rpms @ the top end before going into valve float. Awesome set up.

Last edited:
Went out a couple of weekends ago with the wife for dinner and we took the Dart. She took this picture and did a special filter on it..... Wife loves the Dart
0.jpg

So I just had to go back through the whole thread because Photobucket
said that if I wanted to share my photos thru their website it would cost me $40 a month.....
:wtf:
I think not....so I spent a couple of sessions replacing all of the photos in the thread. Some new ones, mostly old ones but it's all back together again!!

So I just had to go back through the whole thread because Photobucket
said that if I wanted to share my photos thru their website it would cost me $40 a month.....
:wtf:
I think not....so I spent a couple of sessions replacing all of the photos in the thread. Some new ones, mostly old ones but it's all back together again!!
You were able to go back that far?! I tried it and it wouldn't let me. How'd you do it?

You were able to go back that far?! I tried it and it wouldn't let me. How'd you do it?
I know I have tried in the past and couldn't do it. Now if you look at your post on the lower left hand side it says Edit next to report........I pushed it and could upload and change things around......

Photobucket is the Devil. Had a guy get me a link to his once and then he called me a half dozen times while I was driving. Finally called him back and he was worried he gave me the wrong link, which technically he did not, but he had other not so moto-related pics in there...lol

-
Back