76 dart sport fuseible links

-
I checked continuity at exactly the locations indicated in the attached image. All good. Not shown, I also checked the cluster from pin B to the end of the ammeter trace and from from pin E to the end of the ammeter trace. Both good. I should have checked voltage for grins but think about it. It's too hot out now so I'll so that Tuesday morning.

I made a poor choice of size in scanning the book. The image is hard to read at the reduced scale. It it's a problem I redo it.

I'm still puzzled as to how the traces could have burned in-two. The shunt shows to be intact.

wirewall wiring.jpeg

Evidently someone thought it was from the factory service manual, when it's actually an aftermarket wiring diagram.
Also is your instrument cluster black or woodgrain color.

Cluster is on the bench, harnesses in the car?
Yes
Check for continuity between R16 and A11 at the cluster connector.
Checks good.

I have voltage at cavity #29.

The only way I can see that the traces could have burned in-two is if the shunt was not in the circuit or it has a break in the wire or the weld connection is loose. It's factory wiring and doesn't look bad.

After fixing the traces, why didn't the gauge work? Have I wiggled something to create connection since? I guess I'll finish dressing-up the cluster and plug it back in to see...

-
Back