79 volare

-

gclintonmopars

Reaction score
Hi trying to help my brother he has 79 volare with a 318, he would like to put a la 360 in it, I no that the 318 is internally balanced and 360 is not, and driver side motor mount is different ? any other problems I will run into, also will a 8 3/4 A body fit, any help is appreciated.

You can modify the motor bracket. In many cases all you need do is put a spacer in the one bolt hole, or bend the mount

Balance......you must use the proper front balancer that goes with the 360. Obviously, if it has that, and is in good shape, you are set "in the front"

I assume? this is an automatic? The balance weights were factory welded to the converter. So you either need a 360 converter to fit your trans, or else buy an aftermarket BM flex plate which is weighted for the 360. Be careful to get the correct one, IE for an LA if that is what you are using. You used to be able to buy the weights and weld them on, but frankly I don't see how that was ever very accurate.

Most everything else should fit, except if the 360 is out of a truck / van, you'll need a 360 oil pan and pickup for a car. The 318 pan won't fit (in the rear) The 360 has a SMALLER "half moon" cutout

-
Back