8.75 Strength?

-
I've only seen a few 1000hp+ cars, and I kind of doubt the OP will end up with one, but the one ~900 HP drag pack Challenger that had an A&A built 727 that was guaranteed to hold up ... broke the trans so many times they ended up using a powerglide ;)

I've only seen a few 1000hp+ cars, and I kind of doubt the OP will end up with one, but the one ~900 HP drag pack Challenger that had an A&A built 727 that was guaranteed to hold up ... broke the trans so many times they ended up using a powerglide ;)

that thing also goes thru driveshafts like a drunk *****... :banghead:

I still say it is easier to replace on the side of the road than to be stuck in the middle of nowhere without a blanket

Just curious,, if you ever saw one break,, what broke?? any-one?

Sorry... didn't mean to hijack thread,, apologies..

I have more hair growing on the inside of my head, than outside,, and sometimes it tickles my brain, and things get fuzzzy.. ;-)
Yes saw a broken Dana , on a 10 sec Dart 360 sport , first time i have seen a small block break a Dana .

motor 15,000 - 20,000 on the lowend
dana 60 1,500 -2,000
prepped 727 3,500
converter? who is your banker? I'd like to meet him!! lol
good luck with your build

I am saving up for an engine that'll make about 1000 hp and want to know if an 8 3/4 Chrysler rear can handle it or a relatively inexpensive combo that will be able to handle 1000-1500 hp. I have a Dana 60 that I can shorten if needed also.
Thanks, Forrest

Just a once a month driver probably. Maybe take it to the strip some. Also wondering what kind of transmission to use. I'm still gathering engine parts so the transmission and rear will have to wait a while. I want to see what I can swing for an engine before I get into the drivetrain more than on paper.

Ok...I'm a little confused about the above statements. Why would you ever need 1000 Hp for a once a month driver that may, or may not, ever see the strip? In my opinion, you're throwing your money away on something that you will hardly drive and enjoy. You'd be better off with half the Hp and something you can drive the doors off of.
Again...just my opinion.

not really concerned, don't care , as I said have fun with your build!

You guy's need to understand that-it is a system.The weakest link will be your biggest problem.Say what you will about 7.25-8.25-8 3/4 Dana 60-Dana 80 but none are bullittproof.It takes Franklin's to go fast and the faster you want the more Franklin's you will lay down.

Very true. ....something always HAS to be the weak link. What do you want the weak link to be? I want it to be something fairly affordable to fix. Stick a Dana 60 back there and your weak link suddenly changes. The transmission? The engine? I'd rather break rear ends all day than blow engines all the time.

I thought the trans they were having issues with in that car was not a 727, and was a 545 or another new 6spd trans they were trying to make work..

If the 900hp theory was right than my 1400hp motor would have chewed up my A&A trans and me and Rick wouldn't be friends since forever now since him and Msp are the only 2 guys i know that build for me and i haven't broken anything, i can't say the same for many other trans builders though

What is this Mikronite you speak of and how do I get a set of gears with it applied?

I have a hunch that my 8 3/4 will be the weak link in my BB drag car.

What is this Mikronite you speak of and how do I get a set of gears with it applied?

I have a hunch that my 8 3/4 will be the weak link in my BB drag car.

If it is the rear isn't the issue its the parts or the labor. I know of many 10 and one low 9 second drag car running 8 3/4's. Ironicly the 9 sec ride is a camaro, lol.

One thing everyone here has missed is the fact on making a car "Stick" and "hook" if this is going to be a occasional so called "Track" car,He will not have slicks on it and even then I have watched seasoned drag racers fighting to get the car to "Hook" and it is a constant battle with track prep--so he will be doing one of my kids favorite toy's when they were young "Sitting and spinning" but hey to each his own and more power to this Op if that is his goal--He's not spending his money on drugs or whores and we all were young once and who didn't want that 1000 hp car?????? Hell I'm 48 and still do but my 600hp duster is all I can handle---Steve

-
Back