8 Track tape thingys

-
Lol, I knew you would be, that's why I mentioned it.

A lot of times when you put one in it wouldn't play just right. Wedge a book of matches between the tape and the top or bottom of the slot to make it play on track.

Think of it as an adjustment tool.

OMG, I remember having to do that, and it mattered how far you pushed in there Too.
The wedge shape of the matchbook was a great adjustment tool

One of my friends got the first quad channel 8 track players in town, and we drove around in his 68 mustang fastback that was almost new at the time listening to Pink Floyd, Led Zeplin and Black Sabbath.

I think that was about 1970- 71? and before that was 4 track, which I came in at the end of.

Still are in my book. I thought that's what the one on the bottom said.

What's the one to the left of it? REO Speedwagon? Another great band.

Saw them live eight years ago, absolutely rocked. Bruce, a great band live.

since the resolution is horrible on this site now

Charlie Pride x3
Benny Goodman
Slave
Jackson 5 - ABC
Neil Sedaka
Doobie Brothers
Michael Jackson X2
Shaun Cassidy
Waylon Jennings
Pat Benatar
Foreigner
Goodtime Songtime ??
Kris Kristofferson

And the one I took apart that I cant get back together was Beatles 1967-1970

that's the list

All those to chose to tear apart and you chose the BEATLES one??? Rani.....lol

wow .....I actually thought that no one would know what they are ....to me they look like some weird freaky alien stuff. Cant say I ever messed with anything like it before I found these.

Of course that's the one that should be worth the most... :banghead:

oh really ....dang ...I thought it was going to come apart and go back real easy but the film stuff jumped out at me ....the whole thing is freaky. It makes absolutely no sense how these work .......where do the film ends attach ....I thought it might be like a VHS or something.

so minus the beatles one I trashed are the other ones worth anything to anyone .....I would love to unload the whole lot. These are foreign and scary to me.

so minus the beatles one I trashed are the other ones worth anything to anyone .....I would love to unload the whole lot. These are foreign and scary to me.

There was a guy looking for them a few months back.

I believe he's from Indiana, but forgot his screen name....

wow .....I actually thought that no one would know what they are ....to me they look like some weird freaky alien stuff. Cant say I ever messed with anything like it before I found these.

Oh, I remember them well, had quite a selection back in the day. Then we graduated to cassette tapes. That left room for another passenger, lol.

Now I carry about 100 CD's that take up the space of 4 of those 8 tracks.

8 tracks are fun

Attachments

• 20150205_230300.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 169
  • 20150205_230405.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 175
Oh ya, Dark side of the moon......awesome! I will be building a small collection again shortly. I hope to come across a few of the goodies like that,

Oh, I remember them well, had quite a selection back in the day. Then we graduated to cassette tapes. That left room for another passenger, lol.

Now I carry about 100 CD's that take up the space of 4 of those 8 tracks.

Did you ever try MiniDisc ......I had those as a teen but I never see them around anymore. Some people thought they were expensive at the time but you can record cd quality to them unlimited times so I thought it was the cat's meow at the time.

No, I've seen them, mostly for software installs of different products.

Got real fancy and graduated to an MP3 player, now I just have to update my truck stereo to work with it.

No, I've seen them, mostly for software installs of different products.

Got real fancy and graduated to an MP3 player, now I just have to update my truck stereo to work with it.

now these are memory lane for me .....junior high days in the late 90s

They used to be cheaper in the U.K. and Dubai than they were in the USA but you can record CD quality unlimited times and edit songs and cut and slice songs. There was a decent selection of pre-recorded ones and they came in different colors LOL

Then I graduated to Mp3 and the dreaded I-pod age started LOL

Attachments

• 20150205_212054.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 170
8 tracks had good sound and depth except for the cross channeling from the other tracks. That's what the matchbook was good for. It jacked up the tape so it would track correctly. It was always sad when your favorite tape started to get garbled and you pulled it out of the player to find that 5' of tape was wrapped up inside of the player. If you could get the tape out I could always get ti back inside the case but that spot in the tape was always distorted when it played. They are a cool design. The tape pulls out of the center, makes a loop past the play heads and wraps back up around the outside.

I had a floor mount Craig Powerplay. No hacked up dash for me! I had a 69 Roadrunner with a thumbwheel of course. Couldn't see hacking up the dash. LOL

Attachments

• qoejaq.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 175
There was a guy looking for them a few months back.

I believe he's from Indiana, but forgot his screen name....

Motorpsyco Ed.

Was the member asking for them. I sent him a recorder and close to a hundred tapes.
He may be looking for more look him up. Great member.

Oh ya, Dark side of the moon......awesome! I will be building a small collection again shortly. I hope to come across a few of the goodies like that,

Yep, Dark Side of the Moon set the record for the most time spent on the top 100 best seller list - over 10 years straight! Produced by Alan Parsons.

A great album.

Pioneer Super Tuner was the device for me!

1_82e3c850925df318f880734175bd5ede.jpg

What is funny my sons friend just inherited a town car from his grandpa and it is loaded, Came with an 8 track and a CB. He is into 8 tracks now and asked me to show him how to use it. He buys 8 tracks on e bay all the time and they sell refurbishing kits. I feel old.......like a 78 rpm record.

I remember some of them would stop in the middle of a song change channel and finish the song. That was a real bummer.

Any one remember who offered the reel to reel in as an option? My brother had one in the 60's that he got from a friend.

oh really ....dang ...I thought it was going to come apart and go back real easy but the film stuff jumped out at me ....the whole thing is freaky. It makes absolutely no sense how these work .......where do the film ends attach ....I thought it might be like a VHS or something.

Star Trek technology, the tape constantly gets transported back to the beginning!

-
Back