8 Track tape thingys

-
I'd love to find the Doobie Brothers on 8 track. They were a good band back in the day.

I have one with doobie brothers ....if you want it I will send it up to you. I don't know the condition because I have no way to play it.

Speaking of .....someone else spoke for the Charlie Pride ....so all three of the Charlie pride tapes are on their way to a new home :)

I'd love to find the Doobie Brothers on 8 track. They were a good band back in the day.

Yes they were.

Why is it every time I see your user name, I think of the Jackie Gleason Show?

Hey Noooorton. :D

Tons of them on e bay cheap.

Didn't that Doobie Brothers Greatest Hits come standard with every 8 track player! The Shaun Cassidy one was a hot player in my youth as well! I remember almost every tape in my parents travel box, including these hot platters....

Johnny Cash's Greatest Hits
Beach Boys, Wow, Great Concert
Jim Croce Greatest Hits
Floyd Cramer
The Archie's

Oh, the days of the 8 track tapes were great ones, only trumped by that Akai reel to reel!!! Geof

My high school graduation present back in '69 was having a Motorola 8-track player installed in my '66 A100.

Later on I put a Pioneer Supertuner FM/8-track with a Craig poweramp and 4 6X9s in my '74 B300, hot stuff at the time. I have a lot of good memories of cruising around delivering pizzas with the tape player cranked up playing Led Zep, Pink Floyd, Robin Trower, Hendrix, Doobies, J. Geils, Allman Bros, and on and on.

I believe that Bill Lear of Learjet fame is the inventor of the 8-track player.

I remember the matchbook trick too. Something else that helped sometimes was cocking the tape sideways to load or unload pressure on the drivewheel.

There's one in my box on display. Sorry, Not for sale though. LOL

Here ya go buy as many as you want!

I have one with doobie brothers ....if you want it I will send it up to you. I don't know the condition because I have no way to play it.

Speaking of .....someone else spoke for the Charlie Pride ....so all three of the Charlie pride tapes are on their way to a new home :)

Your prayers have been answered. Here's a "best of" audio of the Doobies on Youtube. Fire it up and let it play in the backround while you are on FABO. tmm
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2g3-Ddk8_A"]The Doobie Brothers - Best Song Of The Doobie Brothers - The Doobie Brother'sGreatest Hits - YouTube[/ame]

Toulouse Street and The Captain and Me were their first two albums are my favorites. And then the Best Of album came out. I wore 2 out and bought a 3rd.

8 tracks had good sound and depth except for the cross channeling from the other tracks.
that and the fact that pretty much every tape had at least one song split over two tracks.
Whenever I listen to my Frampton Comes Alive CD I can still hear the fade-out coming up in 'Lines On My Face' lol.

that and the fact that pretty much every tape had at least one song split over two tracks.
Whenever I listen to my Frampton Comes Alive CD I can still hear the fade-out coming up in 'Lines On My Face' lol.

LOL. I have a player downstairs. I don't know whether I have my tapes though.

There was a guy looking for them a few months back.

I believe he's from Indiana, but forgot his screen name....

that was me i sent her a pm i have a 8 track tape player in the new yorker

Got this player from J-Miller

Works great!

I think it might go in my golf cart:D

Attachments

• eighttrack01 (Medium).jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 88
  • eighttrack02 (Medium).jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 86
It seems that most of the 8-tracks are in Indiana..... They must be stuck in the 60's & 70's.... LOL!

It seems that most of the 8-tracks are in Indiana..... They must be stuck in the 60's & 70's.... LOL!

I resemble that quote Karl.

I went in the Best Buy store a couple of years ago and asked for
an AM-FM with a cassette player for the 'Cuda. He said "mister, how old are you"
we haven't sold those in years.

-
Back