99 sunfire window switch problim

-

Snake

Mopar Nut
Reaction score
Sorry I have to ask this here.My 99 Sunfire 4 door power window switch has gone south only the drivers side switch is bad.The window will go down but not up.Some time ago a buddy of mine witch I cant get a hold of, yet jump the switch to get it back up,but did not tell me how to do it.The thing is this car failed the e test this week so I don't want to by a new switch until after spending 500 on it to get it to pass,if it will.So how can I get that window back up,witch wires do i power to get it up.I have search the net but no luck.Thanks.The switch is in the console easy to get at,when i rock the switch to go down it does and there is a nice click in the switch but no click moving the switch to go up.So its the switch that I know.Can I just remove the door panel and jump it there.

Take the plug off at the window motor. You should see 2 posts inside the end of the pigtail coming off the motor.

Put power on one post and a ground on the other post. The window will go up or down.

If it moves the wrong direction just switch your wires around.

Most of these switches have Copper contacts that eventually just get crudded up. Many times you van pop the switch out and pop it apart and then clean the contacts.

Most of these switches have Copper contacts that eventually just get crudded up. Many times you van pop the switch out and pop it apart and then clean the contacts.

True , but when I move the switch back it clicks then the outer way no click the switch is bad.

Take the plug off at the window motor. You should see 2 posts inside the end of the pigtail coming off the motor.

Put power on one post and a ground on the other post. The window will go up or down.

If it moves the wrong direction just switch your wires around.

Great answer if no one get tell me how to jump at the switch I will do that.Thank you very much.

Sometimes you don't even have to take the switch apart. Get a can of aerosol electronic contact cleaner, find a hole in the switch housing and spray a liberal (sorry about that Conservatives!) amount in there. Then work the switch back and forth a few times and it might fix it.

Attachments

• AAAAa11111hyt.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 121
Sometimes you don't even have to take the switch apart. Get a can of aerosol electronic contact cleaner, find a hole in the switch housing and spray a liberal (sorry about that Conservatives!) amount in there. Then work the switch back and forth a few times and it might fix it.

Well i have not toyed anything ,figured if it has not click than it toast.But great tip.

Thanks again 67val,i bet ya loved the summer there this year my dad lives in Surry,BC, fish in the morning golf in the afternoon.

Thanks again 67val,i bet ya loved the summer there this year my dad lives in Surry,BC,

Yup...enjoyed the weather this summer....would have benn alot nicer if I'd have had my Dart back from the paint shop so I could've driven it!

fish in the morning golf in the afternoon.

Actually, out here, you can do that in December as well! :D:D

Yup...enjoyed the weather this summer....would have benn alot nicer if I'd have had my Dart back from the paint shop so I could've driven it!

Actually, out here, you can do that in December as well! :D:D

I know.Thats why dad moved there.

-
Back