A 1974 Duster - My 2nd one, 41 years later!

-
Aren't we all Mope brothers??? LOL!

Looks like I just got an email notice that my bucket seats and frames shipped. Be here on Friday! The US Car & Tool front stiffener showed up yesterday also. Sent MRL Performance $ for the Cam. Inching forward one piece at a time!

You should be very Happy....
Mine match the Back Seat Ribs 100%

Attachments

• IMAG0586.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 433
  • IMAG0595.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 434
Besides the Sliders that came with the seats did you have to order the frames as well....
Wow they look fantastic....
almost as good as mine, just kidding yea, they look great

^ Yes I ordered the frames as well. The two seats, (which came with the sliders) and the two mounting frames was $622.00 delivered.

First have to say Wow thanks to this FABO board I have met some really good peeps! My local FABO friends are always willing to help their fellow Mope brother! Brock loaned me his lifting stations or blocks...they lift the car while keeping a load on the car, giving you plenty of room to get under there... perfect for welding in the sub frame connectors. Higgs is always a help, yesterday he....pulls out an adjustable pinion snubber and says "Here you need this". Dave (Jaws)....well, my block, my A-833, scatter shield, driveshaft, scoop all were bought from Dave at a smoking deal. So thanks to all you guys, I really do appreciate it.

IMG_3008 by Alexl5280, on Flickr

IMG_3010 by Alexl5280, on Flickr

IMG_3012 by Alexl5280, on Flickr

IMG_3013 by Alexl5280, on Flickr

Gonna weld in the sub frame connectors now!!! Oh, Here is the jewelry, forged pistons and connecting rods happily waiting.

IMG_3015 by Alexl5280, on Flickr

What brand are the stands, I so need a set of those.

Looks great Alex! And I'm SUPER jealous of you guys having fellow Mopar nuts close by!! Gotta get some of those stands!!

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2dLjnA-k3A"]VIDEO0001 - YouTube[/ame]
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqHOj8QjspQ"]1972 Plymouth Duster - YouTube[/ame]

Your car sounds great and is truly gorgeous. Mine will be painted the same way with the satin black over the hood cowl and down the fenders, doors and around the windows. Love it! Thanks for the inspiration posts Richard!

Started fitting in the sub frame connectors....Have to say Jaws was right, a lot of grinding to get them to fit correctly. Not to worry, I'll get them fit and installed.

Passenger side Sub Frame Connector fitted and in place. Any gap that is larger than 1/8" was already cut in there by US Car & Tool. The piece is up there and is tight as it can get. Gonna go over all the weld areas with the air grinder and scotch-brite pads before welding. Almost ready to weld in! I may fab up and add some small plates over the larger gaps.

IMG_3030 by Alexl5280, on Flickr

IMG_3029 by Alexl5280, on Flickr

IMG_3028 by Alexl5280, on Flickr

IMG_3027 by Alexl5280, on Flickr

IMG_3026 by Alexl5280, on Flickr

Started welding in the passenger side. I am no expert welder and am learning as I go. The welds have good penetration, I'll just take my time and "Git er Done"!

IMG_3036 by Alexl5280, on Flickr

The rear fit on the frame was a little wide, so I cut a 6" slot and C clamped it tight, then welded. Good enough for me.

IMG_3035 by Alexl5280, on Flickr

Passenger side welded in. The trick I found to welding the thin floor pan to the new sub frame connector is switch from .035 to .023 wire and lower the setting, drag the weld bead from the frame connector into the floor. This way it doesn't burn through the floor. Little shot of paint....but will need some more painting/undercoating to clean up all the old looking spots. Looks like I will have to deal with making a new "hook" spot for the E brake cable rod that is on the passenger side trans crossmember also.

IMG_3038 by Alexl5280, on Flickr

IMG_3039 by Alexl5280, on Flickr

While doing the sub frame connectors...been thinking about all the "needed" engine parts. Seems like something arrives from day to day. MRL is sending the Cam and Pro Plus Lifts. This just arrived today. 408 in the making!

IMG_3042 by Alexl5280, on Flickr

-
Back