A&A Transmissions..Customer fail!!!

-
I don't know what's going on with them but I got a lack of communication, an uncompetitive price and screwed on the shipping cost. Then there was the inference that they were doing me a favor because they had parts no one else had. Problem is someone else has those parts, and now that other vendor has my $$$$ and for a better price.
Also I bought a part from them last year and asked if they could notify me when it was shipped. Then I heard nothing... I had to chase them up with a couple of emails to get the shipping details.

Can we have all of the details? This might help someone else in the future. Vagueness doesn't help anybody.

Bought several parts from them & it's all been the best quality. Smaller operation though thus I'm sure they're pretty busy in the off season.

It's not Summit Racing......

I've always had good experiences with them. Rick does all the performance stuff himself, so he does get spread a little thin sometimes.

From all the above it seems that you might had got them on a bad day or two. We all have them that is for sure.

I have a business and im gonna tell you something important , email, fb, forums and every other correspondence is for when there is time to sit down otherwise...........USE the PHONE not email, not FB, not pm's, not twitter, USE THE P H O N E

I love when people say i was trying to get ahold of you the other day and couldn't, my answer "when did you call", they say "i emailed or fb", i say well thats why you didn't get me.

I open my email i got 300 messages a day sometimes, how many do you think i get thru..... 6 and the ph rings, customer walks in....

I use A&A, never ever one issue.

I am hearing impaired. Email is my only option. I guess I will ask a friend to call. Thanks

I don't know what's going on with them but I got a lack of communication, an uncompetitive price and screwed on the shipping cost. Then there was the inference that they were doing me a favor because they had parts no one else had. Problem is someone else has those parts, and now that other vendor has my $$$$ and for a better price.
Also I bought a part from them last year and asked if they could notify me when it was shipped. Then I heard nothing... I had to chase them up with a couple of emails to get the shipping details.

What parts did you need?

Dear Bakerlite, When you have time I would like to find out what we did wrong. I just got back from the hospital and was checking e-mails when some told me in an e-mail that someone was unhappy with us. This is the first time I have been on a chat line for 5-6 years for usually I don't have much extra time. I have been looking for a younger "Mopar" kid that we could hire to help my salesman Rob and do some of the social network things. I would like a chance to see what we did wrong and how you were miss informed please. I am going back home for a few hours for I have only had 3 hours sleep in 3 days do to my procedure. All is well and we will be back at it maybe Saturday in the machine shop and back at the bench on Monday. Our phone number is 1-317-831-3066. If you would like to hear some quicker answers maybe Rob could help you with what all has happened in your case and what all has been going on here at A & A. Thank you, Racin-Ricky.

To 69Mope, Maybe I can help you since you are hearing impaired. I am just not sure how often I will be be to check to check on the chat line but I can be reached here at the shop through my e-mail at [email protected] I check my e-mail several times a day from about 7am till about midnight most days. I am a working boss and I build 95% of all our valve-bodies and all the race transmissions for 33 years now. We are the largest Mopar transmission manufacture and have a lot to offer our customers. thank you, Racin-Ricky

I am hearing impaired. Email is my only option. I guess I will ask a friend to call. Thanks

So am I, but I can hear good enough to carry on a phone conversation. Would you like me to call them for you? You can PM me details and I will be glad to do it.

Nevermind. I see you got it handled.

I have a business and im gonna tell you something important , email, fb, forums and every other correspondence is for when there is time to sit down otherwise...........USE the PHONE not email, not FB, not pm's, not twitter, USE THE P H O N E

I love when people say i was trying to get ahold of you the other day and couldn't, my answer "when did you call", they say "i emailed or fb", i say well thats why you didn't get me.

I open my email i got 300 messages a day sometimes, how many do you think i get thru..... 6 and the ph rings, customer walks in....

I use A&A, never ever one issue.

SuperShafts, wake up, it's 2013 not 1978..
Something I have never been able to understand about some businesses is the fact that they go to all the trouble of having a web site with email, online sales,getting on forums, using Facebook, etc to promote their business and then treating people who use email or those other means of communication ( that they promote on their site) as "second class" customers who only get their attention if they have some spare time. .
That way of doing business in my opinion is appalling.
If you can't manage your email load then get someone to help or don't advertise an email address. It's as simple as that..
Your attitude here SuperShafts just amazes me, It's sad to think that you may get as many as 300 emails, yet blow so many potential customers off because you just don't have enough time in the day to deal with it, and a phone call to you is more important than a written message and someone taking the time out to write it. Who's fault do you think that is? Yours? or the the guy trying to put some cash in your pocket??? I guess you don't live in Detroit..People there are just about walking the streets carrying a sign, trying to get some work in the door to make a buck.
I like to use email because it gives me a record of my communications. If there is a problem with a wrong part being shipped, a part not turning up or an order that is incomplete, then I have a record of what was said. There is no arguing about who is at fault if there is a problem.
If I need a specific part with a certain size or dimension it's better to use email then trying to give a bunch of specs over the phone.
It has advantages that a simple "phone call" just can't match, like language barriers and alike if your an International customer.

Sorry, I agree. It's always best to talk to a live person on the phone and iron it out. Just like forums and Facebook, misunderstandings can easily occur. Not only that, but lost emails happen everyday. Kinda hard to lose a phone call.

Sorry, I agree. It's always best to talk to a live person on the phone and iron it out. Just like forums and Facebook, misunderstandings can easily occur. Not only that, but lost emails happen everyday. Kinda hard to lose a phone call.

hey rusty... just shut up...

and put a turbo on it...

lol

Dear Bakerlite, When you have time I would like to find out what we did wrong. I just got back from the hospital and was checking e-mails when some told me in an e-mail that someone was unhappy with us. This is the first time I have been on a chat line for 5-6 years for usually I don't have much extra time. I have been looking for a younger "Mopar" kid that we could hire to help my salesman Rob and do some of the social network things. I would like a chance to see what we did wrong and how you were miss informed please. I am going back home for a few hours for I have only had 3 hours sleep in 3 days do to my procedure. All is well and we will be back at it maybe Saturday in the machine shop and back at the bench on Monday. Our phone number is 1-317-831-3066. If you would like to hear some quicker answers maybe Rob could help you with what all has happened in your case and what all has been going on here at A & A. Thank you, Racin-Ricky.

Thankyou for taking the time out to join this forum just to contact me about this issue, I'll contact you .

Rod, they don't lose phone calls, they just don't remember them... Having an email has saved my skin more than once when an order has gone wrong.

I deal a lot with municipal government and every communication that is important is always done electronically. Even if it was said in person, an electronic communication follows just to create a record that can be referred back to at a later date if needed. This has proven quite an asset that would have cost me thousands of dollars because of what another party said when he tried to pass the buck. When I could back up what I said with my email copied he admitted he never followed up to do what had been assigned to him.

In the case of ordering parts the seller could send a detailed fax or email confirming the order after a phone call.

I'd just like to thank Rick for taking the time out to contact me and sort out the issues.
He has totally restored my faith in his company and his commitment to excellent customer service.

Just to set the record straight, after talking to A&A the other day, this company is in NO WAY anything other than 100% committed to their customers and to supplying perfectly engineered and manufactured parts. When dealing with them, if at first you have a delay, retry! I am sorry, if I insinuated in any way, they did anything wrong. Anyone trying to decide who to buy transmission parts from should not hesitate giving A&A your business.

SuperShafts, wake up, it's 2013 not 1978..
Something I have never been able to understand about some businesses is the fact that they go to all the trouble of having a web site with email, online sales,getting on forums, using Facebook, etc to promote their business and then treating people who use email or those other means of communication ( that they promote on their site) as "second class" customers who only get their attention if they have some spare time. .
That way of doing business in my opinion is appalling.
If you can't manage your email load then get someone to help or don't advertise an email address. It's as simple as that..
Your attitude here SuperShafts just amazes me, It's sad to think that you may get as many as 300 emails, yet blow so many potential customers off because you just don't have enough time in the day to deal with it, and a phone call to you is more important than a written message and someone taking the time out to write it. Who's fault do you think that is? Yours? or the the guy trying to put some cash in your pocket??? I guess you don't live in Detroit..People there are just about walking the streets carrying a sign, trying to get some work in the door to make a buck.
I like to use email because it gives me a record of my communications. If there is a problem with a wrong part being shipped, a part not turning up or an order that is incomplete, then I have a record of what was said. There is no arguing about who is at fault if there is a problem.
If I need a specific part with a certain size or dimension it's better to use email then trying to give a bunch of specs over the phone.
It has advantages that a simple "phone call" just can't match, like language barriers and alike if your an International customer.

Here is the part you don't understand because you don't have a business.
No one is treated second class, but there are divisions of accessibility, e-mail and mail are not instant accessibility means of business.
If you send a email you shouldn't expect a instant reply unless during a ph call you were directed to send something asked of you thru it.

OK but lets run with your theory now, now i hire someone to answer emails....

It is not me, you're not getting MY knowledge.

If i have to stop doing my work for my customers now to sit and answer all/any email i can not do that while operating machines, welder, measuring devices, and assembling, so there is a DELAY for email and mail.
However I CAN do that while on my headset with a customer on the ph.

So do i jeopardize my name and reputation for some person i hire who hasn't 5% of my knowledge or miss the person who didn't just call.
If we never spoke and there was no connection or order made to do something, then nothing was wrong.

I had even seen miscommunication on typed formats, someone asked about shaft prices and what they run, i told them they should run somewhere around ***, they said so&so said xyz for 3.5 i said *** for 4", that person misunderstood or didn't read it correctly and went with something lesser because of the price of $50 cheaper and failed to see they weren't getting the same comparison, so mistakes can happen either way, however in actual speaking discussions that i believe would have been cleared up in minutes rather than, send, reply, send, reply, answer mistake, send ok reply...

You know what makes large companies suck ?????

The percentage they accept as a reasonable number of fuk ups because they expect it from having a larger work force, the lack of ability, time in position as acceptable mistakes vs the quantity sold.
The other issue large companies suck, the inferior product used to make more profit and understand that using that will have X % number of replacements but it's ok since that product is $3 vs the better piece they used to get at $40, so they can replace it several more times TRICKING you into thinking they have GREAT customer service..

Im not after being *** large bank account shop, i can be the best and not have the large bank account as i do now.

So having email and internet sales isn't something im after, and never ever have been, so i nor is Rick that i know of performing pushing website internet sales.

Mine as is Ricks A&A WEBSITE, very much like mine really DIRECTS you to call....
I have numerous websites because i have asshats impersonating me, yet they all lead you to call than email.

My reasoning to use FB and Twitter is they are far easier for me to put up some pics here and there vs adding it to the websites which i am computer illiterate and crash everytime i try to use it for pics.
I have a customer win at a race be it water, oval, drag, road, off-road it's up in 5 seconds
I don't like when people contact me thru fb and twitter rather then use the ph, i don't use them for selling, people like to see and thats all that is, i wouldn't make the mistake of expecting an answer for something serious thru anything like that myself.

Most of that is just pictures to see whats what, not a order form.

-
Back