vs.jpg

vs.jpg

IMG_0561.jpg

IMG_0561.jpg

BestET154FS.jpg

BestET154FS.jpg

IMG_0562-2.jpg

IMG_0562-2.jpg

Nice pics, Looks like a great time. Was that your duster out in front of the buick? That's my favorite of the pics you posted.

Where can I read the F.A.S.T. rules?

The dang link isn't connecting at the moment. Quick question........

The car to be used must have the displacement marked on the side of the engine or can a /6 be converted for compotion use?
It does say factory appearing, not factory exact.

clones are ok, It has to be correct looking.you can run a 360 block in a 340 clone. Intake has to be the correct casting number, Heads are suppose to be also all though they wont check till your in the 11s. Correct exhaust manifolds and carb, no fiber glass panels, no bigger then 2.5" exhaust.

clones are ok, It has to be correct looking.you can run a 360 block in a 340 clone. Intake has to be the correct casting number, Heads are suppose to be also all though they wont check till your in the 11s. Correct exhaust manifolds and carb, no fiber glass panels, no bigger then 2.5" exhaust.

OK, the real Bee och here is correct exhaust manifolds for a 340. The 318/360 units are not going to help.
I guess (Pipe dreaming here) I could do a T-Q on a stroker motor, but the next big hurddle would be traction. 11's would be tuff with all that torque and no grip. (Walk it out Rob, walk it out....)

I'm seriously digging the dark green Dart with the steel wheels. Very low key and right up my alley. I'm guessing it's '68 or '69. Anyone know for sure?

OK, the real Bee och here is correct exhaust manifolds for a 340. The 318/360 units are not going to help.
I guess (Pipe dreaming here) I could do a T-Q on a stroker motor, but the next big hurddle would be traction. 11's would be tuff with all that torque and no grip. (Walk it out Rob, walk it out....)

I think the 71 340 cars are the best package for a bodies in this series.

Demonduster, If you don't mind, what color/ code is your '74? I'm tring to decide on a color for my Duster and I really like your's.
Bob

Look out guys im building a black and orange demon for fast. Im hoping to go 11.80s . their should be more a bodies in fast class that has been a class dominated by the elephant motor.:cheers:

I'm seriously digging the dark green Dart with the steel wheels. Very low key and right up my alley. I'm guessing it's '68 or '69. Anyone know for sure?

rectangle turn signal lights (in grille) says its a '69. i'm lusting over that one also!

I think the 71 340 cars are the best package for a bodies in this series.

just wondering but why is that the best? this sounds like a really fun class to run in!8)
and i also dig the factory dog dish/rims on older cars especially that 69 dart with the red lined tires very nice looking

How much more do the 73,74 Duster and Dart Sport weigh over the 70-72 ?

Any other advantage the early As would have over the laters cars ? I think post 71 is the way to go with the ThermoQuad over the small AVS.

just wondering but why is that the best? this sounds like a really fun class to run in!8)

Its just my opinion really. You have to look at each car and decide which have an advantage. I figure most 67-72 A bodies weigh about the same. If you look at the differences in the 340 of those years,
They all have the same cam,

Heads are pretty much the same except valve size, but you can make any mods to the heads as long as you have the correct casting numbers,

Compression is lower on 71 and 72 but you can change that as much as you want,

68, 69 and 70 all use the small AVS, You must retain it to be legal

71-74 all use the big Thermoquad (thats what I feel is the advantage)

68-70? Use the Good exhaust manifolds maybe 71 also ?

I dont think the good exhaust manifolds are as much of an advantage as the good Thermoquad/intake combo.

The faster you want to go the more important it is to pick the right car I think. It shouldnt be to hard to get any 340/360 A body in to the 13 or 12s and look and sound stock.

Remember if you build a 67 or earlier Barracuda, Dart or Valiant with a 273 you can replace it wih a 340 or 360 or even build a stroker but you have to feed it with a stock 273 intake and carb and run the factory exuast.

T-Q vs AVS with any mod possible so long as it is unseen.

I'll go AVS (OOTB rods and jets to my door or corner store, no problem) and perform a NASCAR mod or two.

I can bennifit from modern carb replacements????????

Rob, the carb does not need to be numbers correct but you can not replace a 650 with a 750 and you can not use an Edelbrock replacement. You can remove the choke linkage but you can not mill or remove the choke tower, it must appear stock. KInda hard to get a 650 CFM AVS to flow enough to feed 500hp.

You are allowed to upgrade to a 2.5" exhaust, X pipes and H pipes are legal. No welded or Chambered mufflers. That means something like a Dynomax super turbo or ultra flow but no Welded race magnums or Flowmaster, Spintech or areo chambers.

You also need the correct casting number heads and intake and must run in the original size rim for your car. If 15s werent available you cant run them. But I think if your car came with E14s or E15s you are allowed to upgrade to G14s or G15s.

OUCH, no milling the choke tower. DAMN.
Carter made a special carb for NASCAR back in the day. A 3bbl. Remember that one. It can be seen in that Carter book by SA design I think it is.
It might be a bit hard to whitle down the boosters enuff. He he he

-
Back