A-Bodies...Big Motors / New Hemi Duster - FINAL ASSEMBLY

-
GoodGuys 2024....the night ride home massacred a lot of bugs. 75 mph on the super-slab is 2650 rpm...but smooth as silk.

20240713_180724 (2).jpg

20240713_180713 (1).jpg

Last edited:
Plug check after this and last years driving including the 180 mile round trip to Columbus this last weekend.

All 8 look identical. While out for the check and since the added MSD-6, I closed the gap from .35 to .33.

20240715_112739.jpg

Thanks for the info. I was just curious because I’m running mine at .35 with MSD.
How about your timing? Base and total

Last edited:
HUH???? Just pulled up the instructions on line and it says to go the opposite way. For my engines compression, around 11.25 I should be at .40-.50. I will re-check the instructions I have when I get to the shop,...... maybe get my eyes checked.

page 3

https://documents.holley.com/6425.pdf

Last edited:
HUH???? Just pulled up the instructions on line and it says to go the opposite way. For my engines compression, around 11.25 I should be at .40-.50. I will re-check the instructions I have when I get to the shop,...... maybe get my eyes checked.

page 3

https://documents.holley.com/6425.pdf
I just read it again. I need to open up my gap also.

A tale of two different MSD6 spark plug gap charts The spark plug gap chart on the left is 4-5 years old and it would make sense the current on-line chart (on the right) would be correct. You can about weld with the spark the MSD6 throws out and can handle the longer spark plug gap.

20240718_092703 (2).jpg

Last edited:
concrete will come later....but ASAP. Big advantage since now enclosed, it can poured on a bad weather day. My guess is the big overhead door is large enough to get a concrete truck in. Fog, the HDK welder / fabricator takes care of the race cars (housed next door in Fogs shop) owned by local concrete contractor / Heitmeyer Concrete. The concrete contactor, Kyle Heitmeyer is my sisters and late brother-in-laws nephew. We got connections....hope it helps.

20240717_103917.jpg

My dad used to be a builder. He said he always poured the slab last because if someone fell during construction, it was better to fall on sand than hard concrete.

Why did you close the gap to .33?
wondering the same thing , doesn't M S D recommend .044 ? that's what I run ...hotter spark should jump a wider gap anyway , the whole point of aftermarket ign. isn`t it ??
I did run .035 in both my hemis w/ stock ign. and comp. ratio , when we went to higher comp.ratio in the race car , we had to go to a hotter ign. , which cured the cutting out problem , the higher ratio was the only thing we changed , M S D cured it ...

I'm with you Denny! Nothing better than a Duster. The silver Duster and the Butch Leal cars are just incredible!

-
Back