A-Bodies...Big Motors / New Hemi Duster - FINAL ASSEMBLY

-
GoodGuys 2024....the night ride home massacred a lot of bugs. 75 mph on the super-slab is 2650 rpm...but smooth as silk.

20240713_180724 (2).jpg

20240713_180713 (1).jpg

Last edited:
Plug check after this and last years driving including the 180 mile round trip to Columbus this last weekend.

All 8 look identical. While out for the check and since the added MSD-6, I closed the gap from .35 to .33.

20240715_112739.jpg

Thanks for the info. I was just curious because I’m running mine at .35 with MSD.
How about your timing? Base and total

Last edited:
HUH???? Just pulled up the instructions on line and it says to go the opposite way. For my engines compression, around 11.25 I should be at .40-.50. I will re-check the instructions I have when I get to the shop,...... maybe get my eyes checked.

page 3

https://documents.holley.com/6425.pdf

Last edited:
HUH???? Just pulled up the instructions on line and it says to go the opposite way. For my engines compression, around 11.25 I should be at .40-.50. I will re-check the instructions I have when I get to the shop,...... maybe get my eyes checked.

page 3

https://documents.holley.com/6425.pdf
I just read it again. I need to open up my gap also.

A tale of two different MSD6 spark plug gap charts The spark plug gap chart on the left is 4-5 years old and it would make sense the current on-line chart (on the right) would be correct. You can about weld with the spark the MSD6 throws out and can handle the longer spark plug gap.

20240718_092703 (2).jpg

Last edited:
concrete will come later....but ASAP. Big advantage since now enclosed, it can poured on a bad weather day. My guess is the big overhead door is large enough to get a concrete truck in. Fog, the HDK welder / fabricator takes care of the race cars (housed next door in Fogs shop) owned by local concrete contractor / Heitmeyer Concrete. The concrete contactor, Kyle Heitmeyer is my sisters and late brother-in-laws nephew. We got connections....hope it helps.

20240717_103917.jpg

My dad used to be a builder. He said he always poured the slab last because if someone fell during construction, it was better to fall on sand than hard concrete.

-
Back