A-bodies.......Big motors

-
we will likely start a NEW thread under "Member Restorations" titled..."A bodies....Big Motors/new Hemi Duster''

Great idea........but be ready to blow out the candles, this thread is coming up on 5 years old :happy7:

Weeb and I got the rear assy/4-bar/panard bar in today.....wheels/tires/coilovers/rear sway bar/ect/more rear stuff tomarrow...I'll try to get Bro John to take and post some pics ASAP

we will likely start a NEW thread under "Member Restorations" titled..."A bodies....Big Motors/new Hemi Duster''

Now your talking! :)

I'm wondering which will be done first your car or my motor? Let's race.

hi all fello mopar nutz !!!! i got a problem fitting my 440 bb turbo rv engine in my 67 barracuda fast back, what motor mounts are gonna work for this app ???

the green 440 duster and the orange hemi duster on the first page are THE 2 cars i look foward to seeing most when i go to the nats in ohio. great job!

the green 440 duster and the orange hemi duster on the first page are THE 2 cars i look foward to seeing most when i go to the nats in ohio. great job!

Now you can look for this one......another fine piece of work by Denny. And hope that his New Duster is there....real eye candy!

Attachments

• DSCF0682-small.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 513
it'll be.... "Duster City".....this year....because this year is "the year of the Duster"

Hope to see ya' there!!
Denny

Now you can look for this one......another fine piece of work by Denny. And hope that his New Duster is there....real eye candy!

Very Nice!

What did you do for your AC/heater blower?

the Demon has a Classic Air unit on the interior side...blower is internal= more room for big block

:thumbrig: thanks Dude..... introduce yourself this year! grab a beer and a chair!!

this year at the Nats'.....year of the Duster....see ya all there!

hay guys ,,,, im trying to get info on this 440bb fitment in my 67 barracuda fastback, i dropped the car 10 inches with a 4 link rear,w/ a ford 9'' 411 rear gear,how do i drop the front end and compensate for the weight of that giant 440? any help will be great,,im building the 67 to sell it as a pro street car,with frame connectors,and tube front end,but the 440 is so tight,did i mention its got a 56mm turbo?

Wow...sounds pretty cool....dropped it 10"...got any pics?....sounds like it is on the ground...mine sits normal and I only have 5 1/2" under the headers...9" to the frame by the front of drivers door.....if you got a "tube" front end..can I assume it has coilovers?....then you would simply get a stiffer...more lbs (springs are rated by lbs of force it takes to compress it) spring to compensate for the "big 440"...with the all aluminium Hemis, I like the 400lb spring...for the cast block Hemi w/aluminium heads, I like the 450lb spring......hope that helps somewhat....still like to see a picture just so I can get a handle on what you are doing

and a 56 mm turbo is about big enough for a neon? We need pics.... Im confused.

sorry guys i have been swamped,the turbo is a 55.6mm rajay d-90 ,,rv turbo, i bought it from a guy who's father had it built in 1981,then passed away in 83,so it sat in the garage till i got it last year.i cant find the builders,and all i know is what the son told me from memory(he knows his shizzle) and its got 6k in head work,8-1 compression,flat top pistons,etc... reddragonrides@live.com i will send picks of her ,,,thanks
picks

[
QUOTE=BLWN1;1321443]and a 56 mm turbo is about big enough for a neon? We need pics.... Im confused.[/QUOTE]

if you email me at reddragonrides@live.com i will send u the car dropped and as a hiway ride hight track hight is 8 in to transfer the weight of that 440, i put frame connectors under her,and tubes up front (frame to fire wall),im adding a short roll cage and seatbelt hanger,i love this car.oh,i also moved the wheelbase back 5in. made my own rear lower quarters,did i say i loved this car? well its a mopar.....gotta love it...or go broke tryin lol

Wow...sounds pretty cool....dropped it 10"...got any pics?....sounds like it is on the ground...mine sits normal and I only have 5 1/2" under the headers...9" to the frame by the front of drivers door.....if you got a "tube" front end..can I assume it has coilovers?....then you would simply get a stiffer...more lbs (springs are rated by lbs of force it takes to compress it) spring to compensate for the "big 440"...with the all aluminium Hemis, I like the 400lb spring...for the cast block Hemi w/aluminium heads, I like the 450lb spring......hope that helps somewhat....still like to see a picture just so I can get a handle on what you are doing

As stated before, Weeb bought 2 Darts last year. One remains "under cover" but
the other has been brought inside for scrutinization and planning.

WeebsDart121011002.jpg

WeebsDart121011006.jpg

WeebsDart121011007.jpg

WeebsDart121011011.jpg

WeebsDart121011013.jpg

WeebsDart121011012.jpg

WeebsDart121011014.jpg

WeebsDart121011024.jpg

WeebsDart121011023.jpg

-
Back