A bodies with a folding back seat or hatchback?

-

RzeroB

Reaction score
Of the 16 Mopars that I have owned only four of them have been A-Bodies - a '72 Demon, a '69 Dart, a '70 Duster, and a '68 Dart. Okay, so I'm a little lacking in A-body expertise - but that's one of the reasons I'm here - to get schooled.

One of the things that I like about the '67-'69 fastback Barracudas besides the way it looks is the way the back seat and trunk divider fold down. That feature has to make it a lot easier to carry your pop-up shade canopy to the car show.:toothy2:

Besides the fastback Barracudas, isn't there a couple of other A-bodies that had the folding back seat? I think that the "Hang 10" Duster had one, any others?

As for hatchbacks, correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the one year only '73 Dart Sport (Duster look-a-like) a hatchback with a folding back seat?

Not entirely sure why I am curious about these features, I just am. Can anyone bring me up to speed on these features? Thanks in advance.

Cheers!
Tom

Of the 16 Mopars that I have owned only four of them have been A-Bodies - a '72 Demon, a '69 Dart, a '70 Duster, and a '68 Dart. Okay, so I'm a little lacking in A-body expertise - but that's one of the reasons I'm here - to get schooled.

One of the things that I like about the '67-'69 fastback Barracudas besides the way it looks is the way the back seat and trunk divider fold down. That feature has to make it a lot easier to carry your pop-up shade canopy to the car show.:toothy2:

Besides the fastback Barracudas, isn't there a couple of other A-bodies that had the folding back seat? I think that the "Hang 10" Duster had one, any others?

As for hatchbacks, correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the one year only '73 Dart Sport (Duster look-a-like) a hatchback with a folding back seat?

Not entirely sure why I am curious about these features, I just am. Can anyone bring me up to speed on these features? Thanks in advance.

Cheers!
Tom

The only hatchback was the Horizon TC3 with a "Duster" trim package.

The fold down rear seat became an option on the Duster and Dart Sport in 1973.

All Barracuda fastbacks and 60-66 A-body wagons had folding rear seats.

My old 73 dart sort had the folding rear seat along with my current 74 dart sport

P1030778.jpg

My cousin had a '73 Dart Sport in High School and I thought for sure that the rear glass and trunk lid were configured in a hatchback. It was many moons ago so I apparently remembered it wrong. :eek:ops:

Thanks for clearing that up.

So the fold-down back seat was available in the Dart Sport. Does anyone know what years the fold-down seat was available in the Duster?

Thanks,
Tom

So the fold-down back seat was available in the Dart Sport. Does anyone know what years the fold-down seat was available in the Duster?

'73-'76 for both the Duster and Dart Sport.

All Barracuda fastbacks from 1964-68 had fold down rear seats standard. In 1969 it was an option.

Curious on this subject will a 69’ fold down rear seat fit in a 67’ notchback? I may have to do custom brackets and get clever but would the seat theoretically fit?

-
Back