A-body 4-speed pedal question

-

69GT

Reaction score
In shopping for 4-speed pedals for my Dart I have noticed that some have a metal piece covering the large return spring on the side of the mounting bracket while others don't. Could someone tell me why that is?

I'm not sure, it's just a pant leg guard I think. Some springs had larger coils than others, maybe they were more prone to catching wires or something. How hard are you looking for pedals? I have a couple sets I was thinking of selling.

also some pedal assemblies use plastic bushings and the HD units use bearings.

In shopping for 4-speed pedals for my Dart I have noticed that some have a metal piece covering the large return spring on the side of the mounting bracket while others don't. Could someone tell me why that is?

I think I also have a set if you are interested. My set is out of a 1969.

I've been told that this over center spring gaurd only came on the 340,383,440 A-bodies.

Since I am going to put a 383 in my Dart I guess i will get a set of pedals with the guard. If anyone has a set with the guard please send me a P.M.

Is it possible the guards fell off on the ones without a guard? Don't know why some would and some wouldn't. Q. C. ? Monday or Friday car?

-
Back