A body book?

-

Captainkirk

Old School Mopar Warrior
Reaction score
My son and I were discussing our Duster restorations after watching the latest GYC episode the other night, and he was lamenting the fact that Mark seems to mainly concentrate on E and B body cars, but very few A bodies (by his own explanation, they aren't worth restoring due to resale value) and had mentioned he has looked high and low for a really good A-body book with all the facts and info about them as well as the tricks and tips that pertain to the A body cars and not just Mopars in general. I've looked as well and can't seem to find much unless it covers all the models...which means less coverage of the A's. So, can anyone recommend a book like that they have personally read and highly recommend? Thanks!

My son and I were discussing our Duster restorations after watching the latest GYC episode the other night, and he was lamenting the fact that Mark seems to mainly concentrate on E and B body cars, but very few A bodies (by his own explanation, they aren't worth restoring due to resale value) and had mentioned he has looked high and low for a really good A-body book with all the facts and info about them as well as the tricks and tips that pertain to the A body cars and not just Mopars in general. I've looked as well and can't seem to find much unless it covers all the models...which means less coverage of the A's. So, can anyone recommend a book like that they have personally read and highly recommend? Thanks!

Not sure about a book but A bodies will be coming into their own IMO. I have always liked smaller cars for over all power to weight ratio and handling . That's with anything. yeah B bodies look good but they are too big to be sliding around corners IMO. Watch Dirty Mary Crazy Larry or Bullitt...the Chargers in both movies acquire dents in the first high speed corner maneuver...:)

Not sure about a book but A bodies will be coming into their own IMO. I have always liked smaller cars for over all power to weight ratio and handling . That's with anything. yeah B bodies look good but they are too big to be sliding around corners IMO. Watch Dirty Mary Crazy Larry or Bullitt...the Chargers in both movies acquire dents in the first high speed corner maneuver...:)
Seen both of those; I own the Bullitt DVD. I'll have to watch it again...

I have never seen one for A bodies.

I bought this book when I bought my Dart late last year. I like it a lot especially the pictures in it.

91-2mavFD3L.jpg

Is that a restoration book?
It's geared more towards the history on these cars. So for someone that has been around a long time it may not have a lot of new information but you could be surprised.

The book is worth the cost based on pictures alone, at least to me.

I think the majority of B E body info will apply to A Bodies as well.

There is a book with engineering details that has many obscure details in it.

Otherwise you be the man and gather the combined knowledge here on FABO and publish a book. There are many low mile a bodies that are survivors. With paint markings etc.

I also think that a bodies will gain in popularity as the pool of B and E dry up and become too expensive for the relitivly well off average joe

-
Back