A body boy's

-
Red Deer, AB.

'69 Dart GT, originaly a /6 car. Now with a 360, and in need of a rear-end, preferably a nice 8"3/4, as it still has the 7"1/4. Its a bit of a heap, runs like crap... But i'm confident that i've got the skills to get er workin well for summer! Other then that, i do plan on painting it red, (no not the stock F5 or watever it is...) Just a nice viper red, or close to. That and a customized white bumblebee stripe.

n529090400_2301796_7432.jpg

Did i mention i'm probably the youngest A body member on the site? 17 and learnin lots about Mopars!

:cheers:

72 swinger here in New Brunswick. Rescued her from the weeds over 4 years ago, labor of love I guess. The black duster in the pic is a friend of mine Rollie, still tryin to get him to register to A bodies.

Great Looking Dart. I am thinking about how I will eventually paint my Swinger, specifically the paint scheme on the hood and scoops. I was wondering if you could post a few more pics of your car, especially the hood area and back end. I really like the look you have on yours.
Thanks
Sparky

Red Deer, AB.

'69 Dart GT, originaly a /6 car. Now with a 360, and in need of a rear-end, preferably a nice 8"3/4, as it still has the 7"1/4. Its a bit of a heap, runs like crap... But i'm confident that i've got the skills to get er workin well for summer! Other then that, i do plan on painting it red, (no not the stock F5 or watever it is...) Just a nice viper red, or close to. That and a customized white bumblebee stripe.

n529090400_2301796_7432.jpg

Did i mention i'm probably the youngest A body member on the site? 17 and learnin lots about Mopars!

haha that you are i just turned 18 haha nice car! how far are you looking for a rear?? im using an 8 1/4 right now, its holding up but you have to make shure the gears are loaded before oyu walk on her, and she seems to be holding up...and as far as running whats wrong with her whats she doing?

haha that you are i just turned 18 haha nice car! how far are you looking for a rear?? im using an 8 1/4 right now, its holding up but you have to make shure the gears are loaded before oyu walk on her, and she seems to be holding up...and as far as running whats wrong with her whats she doing?

Well i'm hope to stay in the central alberta area, its still a lil up in the air. I really just wanna drive er this summer, so i prolly won't be doin anything soon. Well i was having some timing issues, but i got it all sorted out...its really odd that the timing mark is off...by like 40 degrees, but she sounds just fine, so i won't complain. All i have is an elecrical issue in the control cluster, and my speedo don't work. other than that... Shes a dream. lol

Well i'm hope to stay in the central alberta area, its still a lil up in the air. I really just wanna drive er this summer, so i prolly won't be doin anything soon. Well i was having some timing issues, but i got it all sorted out...its really odd that the timing mark is off...by like 40 degrees, but she sounds just fine, so i won't complain. All i have is an elecrical issue in the control cluster, and my speedo don't work. other than that... Shes a dream. lol

lol my timing was out by 40 deg too, but she ran really good there, when we put her back to the 5-7 degres advance she ran like crap, and needed to be advanced again...just watch for a pinging in your engine if its too advanced...i know a wreaker in saskatoon that has a ton of abod rears but their all 8 1/4 for 200 bucks however i looked for some lower gears llike 3.55 3.73 ect and all that they really had was realy high hiway gears in the 2's, you'll figure out ur bugs, i have wiring issues with my engine and its driving me up the wall...slowly figuring it out... youll figure your stuff out, oh btw i got my rear near brooks from flatlaw auto wreakers a couple years ago when i was still in strathmore, you can try there but if hes open still ittl prob be around 500 bucks...have fun and good luck

Im in Niagara Ontario, new to the whole Mopar thing. I just bought my car last fall. 68 Dart GTS 383, cant wait fot the snow to melt!!

I can't believe I've been on here this long and missed this thread.

I have a 1970 340 Swinger. The car has been dormant for a while now, I couldn't get it started and the battery is now toast.

I need to A) get a new batt. and B) find a Mopar know it all guy to mentor me a little, I'm long on desire but short on practical experience. My previous hookup on car skills moved out of town and we didn't stay in touch, he actually moved back but I haven't talked to him since then.

I'm in London.

I'm about 45 minutes away in Stratford. If I can ever help out, let me know.Between me and a couple other Mopar guys, we can get ya rollin'. Nice Swinger! My favourite year!

Great Looking Dart. I am thinking about how I will eventually paint my Swinger, specifically the paint scheme on the hood and scoops. I was wondering if you could post a few more pics of your car, especially the hood area and back end. I really like the look you have on yours.
Thanks
Sparky

Which one are you talking about my lime green swinger or Rollie's black duster?

I'm In MAPLE RIDGE BC. new to this site, but I have to say...everyone rocks here. Canadian or amarican. thought I would say a hello to my fellow canucks.

anyone going to be doing any cruise ins or anything. I know A&W will have the Thursday night car shows again. Hope to make it out with my 440 duster this summer.

My first dodge was a 1973 dart sport 340 4spd. Bought it with a 360, but I found a 340 and put it in it. Here is its pic
Duster001.jpg

I have had lots of cars come and go, but I am proud to say that I still have that one.

Next is my 1972 demon 318 4 spd proj. Just sitting right now, but I will get to her
Duster002.jpg

this is my Fiances 1965 barracuda 273 camando. excuse the dust.
Duster011.jpg

and here is what I am currrently working on. 1970 duster 440 4spd posi :burnout:. I am HOPING to have the car completed for my wedding this July 2008. I have ran into some problems, but this site has really helped with that. hopefully I will have it running by mid to late aPril, then drivable no later than begining of June. I will still have to get it inspected because it is a US car. You can follow its completion under a forum called 1970 duster 440 4spd 8 3/4 posi.
I may need a hand here and there.
this is not a current pic of it. this is a pic of it on the trailer when I bought it. If you want to see more pics just go to the forum above.
dartparts013.jpg

Thanks for all the suport guys\\:D/

From London Ontario,Im second owner of original 1969 340 dart swinger.Nice driver collecting parts for future rotoissure.

-
Back