A body fiberglass panels anyone??

-

tweety

Reaction score
Hi Guys sorry I've been a bit quiet recently but I think you may be interested in a little production project I have going on here ?
I have been making panels for my 67 cuda Promod and out of this came the idea for offering some rather nice fiberglass parts to the Mopar world. Obviously this is all small scale , high quality stuff and I have no desire to turn it into a huge thing, but if anyone wants parts for A bodies drop me an email and I will try and help out where I can.
I'm concentrating of A bodies only, I already have most of the panels for 67-69 cuda's and I have just been given the steel panels to do the same years in Darts.
You can have hoods ( any scoop you like!) fenders, bumpers, trunk lids, and maybe I'll move on to some of the later dart and duster stuff, we have a mold for 71-72 dart fenders already along with a really trick one piece dash panel that really makes a tube chassis car look nice and stock!
If this is something that you have an interest in please email me - [email protected].
Thanks Andy ( tweety)

Are you possibly thinking of doing 67-9 Barracuda dashs? I'd LOVE to have a choice of something different. :thumrigh:

MilesAlecandCars044.JPG

File_MilesAlecandCars045.JPG

Andy, Dont forget if you do a 69 Barracuda hood it will work for 73-76 Dart Sports also.

What kind of prices for the body-panels?
Are the made heavy enough to run on the street,or are they thin racing glass?

EvilScamp said:
What kind of prices for the body-panels?
Are the made heavy enough to run on the street,or are they thin racing glass?

Yeah, what Kevin said.....;)

Hi guys now we have the molds for the cuda stuff I can make the panels anyway you like , but there are ways to make glass thin, but VERY strong, it costs somemore cash but works great. That cowl hood is only about .110" thick, but it'll survive on a 200+MPH race car.
If anyone is interested in this stuff just let me know by email and I'll get back to you ASAP, it's [email protected].
Thanks guys
Andy

AdamR said:
Andy, Dont forget if you do a 69 Barracuda hood it will work for 73-76 Dart Sports also.

Hmmm now you have my interest!!! What do you get for one of these?

Andy's going to price materials and try to come up with a rough idea of coast.

My shop seems to be filling up with old steel and fibreglass, oh man what did I go and do this time???
Still is all good fun and I needa change , I should have some more news on pricing an stuff shortly and this weekend I'm off to get the nose section from my 67 cuda, so we can do that bit, next is the removable rear quarter so I can actually get these huge slicks on an off - now this bit WILL be interesting.
Thanks for all the support guys, have a nice weekend
Andy

nice fiberglasparts! if it had not been a fact that i live on the wrong side of the atlantic i would have asked you to make me a set of front fenders!

wish I had seen his dash before i redid mine ...i like it defineately waiting for prices but that is some of the nicest glass i have seen

Is it possible to have a fiber hood that I can use the factory hinges with? I know a few guys with lift off hoods and they do nothing but ***** about what a pain in the *** they are to take off because you need 2 guys to take it off.

I had a lift off hood. It was light and I had no trouble taking it off by myself but I wouldnt go with one again.

Hi guys yeah this bolt on hood deal will need some serious thought, it needs to be strong and durable, but I don't forsee that being a problem.
I'll post some prices and availability details soon, I'm busy clearing out the shop to make some space- even the covertible is being banished to the trailer!

Well I much prefer lift off hoods myself, simply because they are way lighter, but that's on race cars, I can see your point about it being a real pain to have keep pulling the hood off just to check the oil.
We'll devise something trick- no worries

-
Back