A-body splash shields the same?

-

moparman111

Reaction score
Hi, I am looking for a rust free pair of splash shields for my 1967 Barracuda. I have heard that all A-bodies used the same metal shields. I know later models used plastic. To aid in finding ones I can use I thought I would find out if all used the same ones. If they are not all the same what years/models will work with my 67? Thank you

Hi, I am looking for a rust free pair of splash shields for my 1967 Barracuda. I have heard that all A-bodies used the same metal shields. I know later models used plastic. To aid in finding ones I can use I thought I would find out if all used the same ones. If they are not all the same what years/models will work with my 67? Thank you

I take it your interested in behind the wheel splash panels. 67-69 Barracuda I believe interchange. Dart and other are different.
Check the for sale forum. I thought someone had a set listed.
Laysons might have a run coming if they are not in stock.

We have the 67-69 Barracuda inner fender metal splash shields in stock and ready to ship, part#'s KK-679RFS and KK-679LFS, $98.00 each...or KK-679PFS(pair), $169.00/pr.

We also have the rubber seal kit that goes with those panels, part# GG-679PUU, $98.00.

I know for a fact that the Duster and Dart fender splash shields are different. The mount that goes from the fender to the splash shield is different, because the wheel opening on the fenders is different. Based on that, I would assume the barracuda shields are unique to barracuda's.

Guys thank you for the info. My body guy asked me to find a spare set. I have a good set on a donor car but I wanted to try and keep that car together if possible. Now I know I need to be specific and find a set from a 67-69. If I don't find a set up at Carlisle I probably will just go with the pair I already have.

I've got the OEM metal splash shields from my 67 vert and a set of plastic shields from some later model A-body. I've placed them side by side and on top one another for comparison. Pics in a older thread here somewhere. Yet to find a difference. The rubber flap added to the metal ones does add a small bit of width. That area is incorporated into the plastic ones. Maybe they wont rest quite as tight to the fender. Maybe I'll need to add a rubber flap to the plastic ones. Wish I could state what car these plastic ones came from. Anyway... I will use the plastics if possible.

Interesting. Sounds like the Barracuda's can use at least one of the later designs then, since I think the plastic shields didn't start until '73. Maybe '72?

Here's a picture showing the difference between the Duster/Valiant/Scamp shields and the Dart/Demon/Dart Sport shields. You can see that the Duster version has a raised "bump" that houses the mount for the fender, while the Dart version is flat in that area because the wheel opening is longer.

They definitely don't interchange between the Duster and Dart versions, a problem I ran into when I converted my Duster over to a Demon. A real drag, it never even occurred to me until I tried to bolt up the Dart fenders. Had I known I could have pulled the Dart shields from one of several parts cars I encountered. That being said, if anyone has a plastic splash shield for the passenger side of a Dart, I'd be interested. The metal ones are expensive, and then you still need the rubber seals for them.

DSCN9806 copy.JPG

Last edited:
I have a nice set of Dart metal splash shields and an ok set of plastic Duster shields as well.

-
Back