A body steel wheels

-

furyus2

Reaction score
Does anyone know if there is anything special about 14 inch 69 Dart 340 swinger wheels? are they wider than stock or heavier duty? Worth anything? Kinda like the 69 1/2 body wheels if you will. Thanks

The 14" X 5-1/2" (measured inside the beads) wheels that came on most of the Formula S and GTS cars are somewhat hard to find. They are desirable to have for a restoration or as an upgrade for lower performance cars. With 14" tire getting phased out, mostly the restoration crowd.

Swinger wheels could be either the 5-1/2" or 4-1/2" wide

Does anyone know if there is anything special about 14 inch 69 Dart 340 swinger wheels? are they wider than stock or heavier duty? Worth anything? Kinda like the 69 1/2 body wheels if you will. Thanks

Okla's right...Swingers/GTS's came with 14x5.5 wheels, and regular A-Body's came with 14x4.5 wheels...some even came with 13" wheels.

Wow! thanks for all the info. I guess I'll get out there and see what I got. Is there a code on the wider wheels because some of my rims have tires on them. Thanks again.

you can tell by the offset they're about an inch deeper on the outside. if you have both types the 5.5" stands out pretty easy.

Wow! thanks for all the info. I guess I'll get out there and see what I got. Is there a code on the wider wheels because some of my rims have tires on them. Thanks again.

No codes on the outside, but you can tell by the extra offset of the 5.5" wheel.....

Here's a couple pics: one of the 5.5" wheel codes, and one 4.5" vs. 5.5" wheel......

Attachments

• 4.5 vs. 5.5 wheel (Small).JPG
    85.4 KB · Views: 344
  • 14x5.5wheelcode (Medium).JPG
    84 KB · Views: 328
-
Back