A body value

-
My insurance agent is a car guy and just suggested I up my car's value on the "agreed value" in my policy! So that might be something everyone may want to look into.
I am an insurance guy and I highly recommend you do this with not only your classic cars but also your homes and any pole barns or other structures you may have. The cost of construction has sky rocketed. If you do not have rental insurance on your daily drivers insurance policy you might consider adding or if you do have it increasing the number of days or limits as with the part and labor shortage the time it takes to repair a car has increased significantly.

What I mean is did or is someone inspecting it for you
Oh sorry about that. I'm looking into a inspector. Banks want a licensed, insured qualified inspector and also a valid car appraiser. I really like the dart and I do wish it was closer to me as it would be easier, but that's how it goes.

Oh sorry about that. I'm looking into a inspector. Banks want a licensed, insured qualified inspector and also a valid car appraiser. I really like the dart and I do wish it was closer to me as it would be easier, but that's how it goes.
Just my two cents. Ive never used a inspection service, id much rather lay my own two eyes on any car and possibly have someone experienced in body work look at it. If the VIN matches the registration, if it has a title.
If all that works out id offer a deposit.
Ive never heard of this wanting a valid car appraiser or a inspector for a loan of this type
You need to get pre approved for a loan. There is many lending institutions that cater to the collectable car hobby.
I almost pulled the trigger on another car just recently and still might. I was pre approved for what I wanted to borrow
View and inspect car, make the deal, give a deposit and close the deal in days

Just my two cents. Ive never used a inspection service, id much rather lay my own two eyes on any car and possibly have someone experienced in body work look at it. If the VIN matches the registration, if it has a title.
If all that works out id offer a deposit.

Ive never heard of this wanting a valid car appraiser or a inspector for a loan of this type
You need to get pre approved for a loan. There is many lending institutions that cater to the collectable car hobby.
I almost pulled the trigger on another car just recently and still might. I was pre approved for what I wanted to borrow
View and inspect car, make the deal, give a deposit and close the deal in days
I thought about using the inspector as well as myself, I'm not that good at looking for shabby body work. Only reason for using a credit union is they have a good interest rate

I am finally getting around to reassembly of my 68 GTS gold pearl color.with work and friends passing, it is taking a little bit longer.
383 numbers matching car,

68 GTS 002.JPG

Once the 68 Dart is done, this is the next project. 1969 Barracuda 383 four speed.no rust,no dents,70k actual miles,fender tag is there, all matching, excpt original eng was stolen in 1976 or so. Now I have a 68 38 GTS engine dated six weeks before this car. That is the best we could hope for. It has a 1 August production date.

1969 cuda 17 dec 22.jpg

Once the 68 Dart is done, this is the next project. 1969 Barracuda 383 four speed.no rust,no dents,70k actual miles,fender tag is there, all matching, excpt original eng was stolen in 1976 or so. Now I have a 68 38 GTS engine dated six weeks before this car. That is the best we could hope for. It has a 1 August production date.

View attachment 1716023472
That should be a easy restoration with no body work needed. The dart is a awesome looking car

@oldmopardude; Is that a 70's era Beetle next to the 69????
yes, it was my father-inlaws, who passed in 2008. He bought it new in july 1974, and has 30,000 actual miles on it.Last of the carburated four speed beetles. it has a few scrapes from grandma trying to get in the garage, but that is it.

-
Back