A Petty meeting?

-

rod7515

Reaction score
My dad called me last night and ask if I would be interested in going to the Petty Reverie Place at the end of September for a Friday night dinner and Saturday cruise in. Kinda caught me off guard but after a second to think I said "hell yes"! One of dads friends is supposed to have tickets for this event and he's giving them to us. Now I dont have tickets in hand yet and I hope this really happens, but I can tell you I am excited for the possibilities. Im not a person that meets celebrities of any type but i would really like to meet the King! I was planning on going to a show in Ridgely Md in October to try to get the King to sign my Glove Box Door. Now maybe I will get a better chance to have that really happen. Is that going to far to ask him to sign that? If its ok do I get him to use a paint stick marker?
Im excited and just wanted to share this news with someone!
Thanks for listening.
Rod

That show is run by the Local Mopar (GURUS) there... Yes it is a big Show .. and yes HE shows up... I took a BRAND NEW 68 Rotisserie Road Runner there a few year ago for that show. Didn't even get a Nod.. Car got Second Place at the Nats, Earlier that year..Not a fan of that show.. But a lot of Nice Cars show up.. Judged by by Locals/and or Sponsors for Sure ... Beware !!

King Richard doesn't live very far from here. Heck of a nice man who always has time to talk. I've had the pleasure of visiting his home in level cross and his lake house at Badin lake

King Richard doesn't live very far from here. Heck of a nice man who always has time to talk. I've had the pleasure of visiting his home in level cross and his lake house at Badin lake
Met him before also... Real nice guy...

Yep...definitely friendly...we talked racing as we both used the urinal at Seattle International Raceway.

When I was a kid and slot car tracks were popular they would have King Richard come out and do a show. He had a petty blue 43 Plymouth slot car. What fun days they were

Im looking forward to this weekend and the opportunity to meeting the King. Just hoping this all works out and the tickets are real. As far as the car show I will be driving a 99 Trans Am Indy Pace car so i doubt fairness will really matter! Says all cars are welcome. lol
So what are the opinions of taking my Glove Box door and having him sign it? No one commented on that question I had ask?
Thanks Rod

If he is signing autographs you should be good to go.

Well just an update, I got tickets and drove down on Friday. The dinner at his ranch was great but Richard did not make it. Then on Saturday the car show and his shops were great to see but again no Richard. So now I will need to hope to get his autograph for my glove box in October at the Ridgley car show later this month. I was surprised to see only about a dozen older Dodges there. I saw only two Darts and they were early A's. There was an awesome 66 300 with a factory 2 x 4 setup. I think there were 4 superbirds, lots of newer challengers and many other things. Here are a couple of pics along with my 99 trans am. Check out the truck that I was lucky enough to park beside! If it would have rained I could have pulled under it and used it as a garage! Enjoy
Rod
DSCN0703.JPG
IMAG0927.jpg
IMAG0928.jpg
IMAG0941.jpg
IMAG0957.jpg
DSCN0738.JPG
DSCN0742.JPG
DSCN0751.JPG
DSCN0767.JPG
DSCN0781.JPG

Awesome pictures, thanks for sharing. Sorry you didn't get to meet the King

There was a 42jr in the Petty museum in Randleman the last time I was there

I never updated this thread but a couple weeks after the Petty weekend I went to Ridgley Md where Richard was there and I was able to get his autograph. Then a few weeks later Don Garlet was at a local show and I was able to get his autograph on the glove box door. Here are some pics of the glove box and Richard. The first pic is me and then My dad getting a helmet signed for one of his friends that couldnt make it.
DSCN1385.JPG
DSCN1387.JPG
PC181817.JPG
PC181822.JPG

So Im pretty happy even tho Richard signed it at the wrong place as I was going to get him to sign on the lower red then clear coat over it but he was signing before I got beside him. Im still very happy with it!
Rod

Well heres an update to this old thread.
When i was down in 2016 with my dad he fell in love with the Petty Mustangs that they were customizing. So for the last 2 years dad would tell me how much he liked them. Im no Mustang (newer ones) lover but Ive kept on him about getting one done. Finally this year I talked him into buying a new Mustang and having it done. The Petty group was so good when we took the car down to get a design and go over all the options that dad wanted. They Agreed to do the 2016 paint scheme on his 2018. Some changes had to be done but here are the pics as we just got the car back about a week ago. They also did the dash plaque as a "one of one as they told him its the only one they are doing in that paint scheme, They took pics as the build went on and included pics of Richard signing the plaques and engine compartment. They sent paper work with it as a one of one and then included a few souvenirs as well. Very cool and classy group to deal with!!!!

20180712_074105.jpg
20180712_074336.jpg
20180712_074348.jpg
20180712_073936 (1).jpg
20180712_074014.jpg
20180712_073911.jpg
20180712_073936.jpg
20180712_073943.jpg
20180712_074029.jpg

Pretty cool and dad is as happy as can be!!
Rod

Last edited:
-
Back