a starter for my dart

-

mopardart72

I'm a pretty big deal
Reaction score
im on the ol budget build and was wondering if i go to the pick and pull. what new cars will have the starter i can use on my 318?

Look for a starter in a V8 truck .The magnum motor starter will work and it's smaller/lighter and has more torque than the old style.

Dont pay more than $25-30 for a used starter from a wreckers. Make sure they bench test it.Or test it yourself using jumper cables and a battery.

Dont pay more than $25-30 for a used starter from a wreckers. Make sure they bench test it.Or test it yourself using jumper cables and a battery.
I just got one . works great , way better then the old pig. It was a bugger to get out. Do yourself a favour and pick up some 1/2 moon wrenches.

1222-250x103.jpg

why was it hard to get out?
Dude, the older larger heaveir one has a top bolt that is virtually impossible to get at. Worse if you have headers. Then you have to move it around your centerlink,steering arm etc. Get it out and sit it on the centerlink. Turn your wheels all the way to the right. It might just fall on the floor like mine did. The newer LIGHTER mini starter slides in like a hotdog down the hallway.

-
Back