A100 wiring harness needed

-

mbaird

mbaird
Reaction score
A friend acquired a 68 A100 Van and itneeds a wiring harness.
Does anyone reproduce one ?
or have a good used one ?
Or recommend a good universal harness ?

A friend acquired a 68 A100 Van and itneeds a wiring harness.
Does anyone reproduce one ?
or have a good used one ?
Or recommend a good universal harness ?
A fifty five year old good wiring harness?..
It's not likely that you're going to find a plug and play wiring Harsh. And I have never found one... Maybe for chavelle or something. But you still have to do some figuring things out for windshield, wipers and other things...
When I did my power wagon. I just use a hundred and fifty dollar generic twenty one circuit and it works great...
Tons of extra wire all brand new and pliable...
I bought a $45 12 V 10 AM power supply. So I could test everything and its continuity before I hook things up...
A $19 Amazon heat gun and a couple packs of solder filled shrink wrap butt connections...
If you go into it thinking how overwhelming it is when you go into it, It always will be overwhelming, but if you think that it's simple and it's 60-70 year old technology. And it's simple continuity, then you shouldn't have no problem and
You'll enjoy it.

I re did all of my old wiring with a Painless harness. I sold my old harness last year.

A fifty five year old good wiring harness?..
It's not likely that you're going to find a plug and play wiring Harsh. And I have never found one... Maybe for chavelle or something. But you still have to do some figuring things out for windshield, wipers and other things...
When I did my power wagon. I just use a hundred and fifty dollar generic twenty one circuit and it works great...
Tons of extra wire all brand new and pliable...
I bought a $45 12 V 10 AM power supply. So I could test everything and its continuity before I hook things up...
A $19 Amazon heat gun and a couple packs of solder filled shrink wrap butt connections...
If you go into it thinking how overwhelming it is when you go into it, It always will be overwhelming, but if you think that it's simple and it's 60-70 year old technology. And it's simple continuity, then you shouldn't have no problem and
You'll enjoy it.
I wasnt expecting a perfect used harness . I have rebuilt several and have the tools and tape to do it .
as for new M&H doesnt build one for trucks but I thought there was another manufacturer of OEM style harnesses.
I have never used a Painless type system . Are they a hassle ?

I would contact Evans see if they can make something up for that A100, ask them, who knows what they would say.

I wasnt expecting a perfect used harness . I have rebuilt several and have the tools and tape to do it .
as for new M&H doesnt build one for trucks but I thought there was another manufacturer of OEM style harnesses.
I have never used a Painless type system . Are they a hassle ?
Painless is a pain in the *** l o l...
I've put at least five american auto wire kits in, A couple in fords and a couple in GM's... The GM had
Fuse boxes with a fuse block that went in a hole in the firewall and plugs that plug in and include crimp connection that turned into plugs to plug in all the lights in front and The back. keep in mind they're special crimtools are about a $175 for the one time you're gonna use them on top of the fact that their kits are anywhere from 500-800 hundred dollars plus..
While those kits are a little bit more plug and play. I don't think they're vastly easier to install and with all those different crimp connections and plug in's I just feel there's more places for things to go bad...
Now, the Ford version is more like a hot rod version where the fuse box is inside the cab of the car or truck and the wires run through a firewall directly to what they operate with maybe one plug at the end, eliminating more plug in spots and places for things to go wrong...
Almost every aftermarket kit wants you to switch your Mopar or Ford to a Chevy style Steering column multiplied flat...
For my power wagon again. I got a hundred and fifty dollar speed master twenty one circuit hot rod kit on black friday for eighty five dollars... There was enough wire to easily wire the entire length of my club cab long bed truck even doing it through the passenger side instead of the typical driver's side. With tons of wire left over...

PXL_20211204_001457720.jpg

After doing so many of those American auto wire which are great and the Tech Support. I guess it was just my experience with wiring. That I wasn't gonna pay 5 to $800 for what I could get for $85. you simply just don't get that much more Bang for your buck...

Im so familiar with factory Mopar harnesses that it would be easier to just go thru a used one than to jack with all the new connections on a universal.Moot point now … turns out he had already ordered the American Auto one .

I am familiar with mopar Ford Chevy and Toyota of the 60s and 70s. And actually some stuff that's extremely old and it doesn't vary to much whatsoever, except for Toyota, makes things 8 times as hard to do the same thing...

-
Back